• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pre-baiting

Nick - We've all now got the visual of the 100kg of boilies and 400kg of hemp/PC being fastidiously introduced to your favourite swims, on the syndi, over the next few months. ;)

You say you'll stop feeding 10 days prior to the 16th. I'm interested to know - When would you expect to start feeding again, how much more will you be putting in, what's the planned frequency of baiting, and for how many months do you hope to be reaping the benefits of your labour, assuming no flood spoils the show?

We generally don't feed that much during, but when one of the guys lives 300yds away and retired we usually have some one fishing. The main method is solid pva bags with a few crushed boilies and pva friendly hemp.
The floods did slow things down last year, but we do have a large slack area mid syndicate so you can try if it's in the banks.

yep had a beer,

but Nick never read so much rubish in all my life :D

someone copy this as I will edited it when sober and that would be a shame :D

Last edited by a moderator:
yep had a beer,

but Nick never read so much rubish in all my life :D

someone copy this as I will edited it when sober and that would be a shame :D

Well Mr Young I hope you get banned. As my 12 year old Grandson reads the posts on BFW.

Ray Thorpe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he should be banned. Just a word in his ear. We all like a beer, and although I feel John disagrees with my posts im sure he doesn't mean harm.

apologies Ray.

Hi men,

Back to money , :D , 100 kilos of boilies will cost a few bob , I'm off to france for a week , I'm taking a 10 kilo bait package with pop ups dip etc , over £100 !

Hatter

Hi men,

Back to money , :D , 100 kilos of boilies will cost a few bob , I'm off to france for a week , I'm taking a 10 kilo bait package with pop ups dip etc , over £100 !

Hatter

If you shop around hatter you can get a better deal. I think ace baits do a 10 kilo bundle, matching pop ups, glug, and paste for 65 quid. Oh and that's post free.

Hi men,

Nick , I went for mainline , as I always have . I was lucky to get on their original Grange early doors , awesome bait , best Iv ever used .

Hatter

mark i knew the family behind mainline but i doubt if the will talk to me now after a business dispute with one of the knights over business

Hi men,

John , I went to his bungerlow in the early days to pick up large bags of boilies , always thought they should be rolling their own , but Kent partials do a good job .

Hatter

last time i saw any of em was in the slaughterhouse at rompford when the told me to smell the crab flavor at about 10,000 strength, wasnt funny they used to freeze the sea baits there and loads of other stuff

Back