• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch

Ooops, not so sure I should put the venue in the folder name when I save stuff if I am going to post it as now everyone can see where it came from:-(
it's ok, I sussed it :)

Last edited:
The first perch session of the autumn.

I went drop shot fishing for perch last weekend and was happy with the results. I had 9 perch to 3.01 (pictured) and a couple of small bonus pike.

This is truly a magical way to fish!:)
Bob

Attachments

• Perch 3.01 fin up 19.10.13.jpg
    Perch 3.01 fin up 19.10.13.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 271
on sunday i had a couple over the 2lb mark from a pool some of us on here know. the owner said there have been a few 3lb+ have shown lately.( just a quick add to this) i also had some very nice roach too & the biggest cray ive ever seen.

Latest perch

I caught this 2.15 beauty on Sunday by the drop shot method. It is surprising what they will take if you waggle it a bit!
Bob

Attachments

• 2.15 Nov 2013.jpg
    2.15 Nov 2013.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Fat Boy lure.jpg
    Fat Boy lure.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 272
swingtip rods

Hi sorry to add a what rod item but mainly fish for Perch on Lobs. As they are very sensitive to resistance, i would like to know if you can still get rods that will take a swing tip. Havent done it myself for years and havent seen anyone else with 1

Glad you asked Robert 'cos the same thing is in my mind...I'd also be curious to know what rods are being used for drop shotting. :D

Latest perch session

This is one of a brace of 3lb perch caught on the drop shot method. They came from a total haul of about 40 perch.
Happy days,
Bob

Attachments

• 3.0 Perch 001 - Copy.jpg
    3.0 Perch 001 - Copy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 255
on sunday i had a couple over the 2lb mark from a pool some of us on here know. the owner said there have been a few 3lb+ have shown lately.( just a quick add to this) i also had some very nice roach too & the biggest cray ive ever seen.

I've struggled on there Neil.... fished it a fair few times last year... no perch but plenty of cracking roach to keep me busy....

This is one of a brace of 3lb perch caught on the drop shot method. They came from a total haul of about 40 perch.
Happy days,
Bob

Foggy day Bob.... ;) lol

Steve

Pea souper Steve;)
In truth the background wasn't neutral enough. As a guest on the water it seemed the right thing to blank it out. The attached picture of the other, slightly smaller one at 3.01, was taken against a bland background.
I am sure you understand?
Bob

Attachments

• 3.01 Perch 24.11.13.jpg
    3.01 Perch 24.11.13.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 242
Sorry if someone has already asked this one but I've only just found this thread and dont have time to go through 50 odd pages but having just set my self up with a drop shotting rod and reel i'm in need of some small soft rubber lures (2 inches) would be my prefured size. I see that Berkley do a special drop shot kit with 2 inch minnows in but I cant find any for sale.
Once again Sorry if this has been done and I'll be keeping up to date on this tread now on.
Thanks
Scaz

Back