• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch

Wow perfect..

Cracking fish Chaps. Your one Anthony looks truly stunning and wonderful colours.

Managed about 40 roach yesterday to 1lb (not weighed) but bumped two perch before getting one at 2.1 (weighed)exactly. Estimated it at 2lb and good to do a check and balance. All on Maggots.

Thanks for the comments chaps. It was certainly in fine fettle and I'm hoping for a few more over the coming months. The swim I caught it in has certainly opened my eyes to the possibilities elsewhere.;)

Today was another day and a blank to boot. The river was too high and to cap it all off a specimen-sized perch had been killed by an otter and left in the field. What remained weighed 2lb 13oz.

DSC01986e.jpg
[/IMG]

Ian do you know this stretch of river and fish it regularly? If you did then i am confident you would be less obliged to offer a solution which suits your stance as an otter apologist rather than one which takes into account the facts as we who do sadly witness daily.

Blimey .... otter apologist ...... been called some things in my life but never that:(

There really is a blame culture on this site........ if it cannot be explained its otters or some other furry or feathered creature, drought or flood, too hot or too cold etc etc etc etc

Hows about stress through poor angling or handling:mad:

Going to bed now:rolleyes:

i think Ian has a point, no fan of the furry critters, but it could of died of natural causes and been dragged out by a mink, i've seen this many times with bream.

Back