• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

penn slammer liveliner cheap

Andrew Richardson

Senior Member & Supporter
Askari fishing have got these reels at 71 quid and if you spend over 100 quid you get 20 quid off. Can't go wrong if you buy 2 61 quid each for a near bullet proof reel.

Hi men,

Penn are looking at the carp market with reels , and barbel anglers benefit due to that . They have a reputation for being tough saltwater type reels , and if they are of the same tech standard should last . The carp anglers have picked up on their long range big pit reels , with long spools .

Hatter

I've heard mixed reports about their big pit reels, yanks seem to rate them and they don't usually tolerate tat.

Heard quite a bit about the quality on Penn and ABU reels dipping when Pure Fishing shipped manufacture out to the far east. Any one else heard or had experience of this?

it will be interesting what happens to Greys, Chub & Hardy gear.

The Penn Affinity carp reels are being very highly spoken of amongst the carpers I know and they come at a very reasonable price compared to the Shimano and Daiwa usual suspects.

do these reels have a baitrunner thanks

The live liner variant does.
These reels might be cheap and they are solid, i've got 760Ls for sea/pike fishing, but they don't come with spare spools (mine didn't at least) and the cheapest i've found them are £30+ £8 postage. I decided to buy a pair of Affinities instead of extra spools in the end. They come with a spare deep spool and a spare shallow braid spool, and are £20 a spool if you needed any more than three...
Barbel wise however 90% of the time when ledgering I use 12lb line, so i may get a pair of 460Ls, as i wouldn't require a spare spool as much.

Last edited:
The live liner variant does.
These reels might be cheap and they are solid, i've got 760Ls for sea/pike fishing, but they don't come with spare spools (mine didn't at least) and the cheapest i've found them are £30+ £8 postage. I decided to buy a pair of Affinities instead of extra spools in the end. They come with a spare deep spool and a spare shallow braid spool, and are £20 a spool if you needed any more than three...
Barbel wise however 90% of the time when ledgering I use 12lb line, so i may get a pair of 460Ls, as i wouldn't require a spare spool as much.

At £97.00 they dont seem that cheap.

I thought they were 2 for £122 John from the OP? Also i suppose what is cheap to one person isn't to another...

Oh another point, rather oddly, the live liners have no back wind...

Sam I was replying to the last few posts as the threads tend to somewhat digress. From reels to a sharpener :D

Back