• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

One rod

He went on to make the worst hi fi if that's what you could call it ....not joking when I say over 80% of that tat failed within months. He made all his money I believe manufacturing Sky dishes, and was Knighted. Hosted the Apprentice, and screwed Spurs.
Bloody good salesman though, he reckons.
The vertical record player was the most futuristic thing I’d ever seen when it came out

who cares that it never worked

The ZX Spectrum wasn't a bad bit of tech at the time I vaguely recall.
He bought out Sinclair, but again it was mass marketing tat.
The vertical record player was the most futuristic thing I’d ever seen when it came out

who cares that it never worked
Ahh the twists and turns of a typical BFW forum, from fishing rods to vertical record players..love it.:p

Before the barbel rod market took off ,i used my bruce and walker xlt as a bread rod for chub and a waggler rod on the dove and trent , and had barbel to over 9lb on it, they took a bit of getting in but remember that rod very fondly, never had a vertical cd neil, first one i had around 1975ish was a van der molen, not a cd player btb
Regards

Is there much difference between the Torrix 1.75 and 2lb version ?
I don’t know much about the 12’s but In the case of 11ft version there’s not a huge difference between them. the butt section is identical it’s just the tips that are a bit different.

Given the variety of rivers I fish, from smaller ones to the Wye, Trent, Lower Severn it would need to be a 2lb 12ft Torrix.

Back