• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New reading material - 'Catch Cult'

Really appreciate your comments and good wishes men. So, can somebody lend us another grand to get some more CC1's printed? Or more realistically, failing that, how about writing a top notch thought provoking article for CC3 with some cracking photo's? As Rob said in the video 'if it's good, we will print it'!
Thinking caps on lads :)

Theo's Pitch is a diary based piece.
Come on lads don't be shy, you're all welcome to contribute to CATCH CULT so why not give it a go?

Theo's Pitch is a diary based piece.
Come on lads don't be shy, you're all welcome to contribute to CATCH CULT so why not give it a go?

I did like the article about eel fishing Martin Perhaps could do one about zander fishing on the Severn from the bank.. I'm sure John or Barry Mc would do a great write up about this kind of fishing

I did like the article about eel fishing Martin Perhaps could do one about zander fishing on the Severn from the bank.. I'm sure John or Barry Mc would do a great write up about this kind of fishing

Got the copy you kindly sent Dean, very impressed with the quality.:)

John, the 2nd CATCH CULT will be out mid/late May. Please keep an eye on mine or Rob Shallcroft's facebook pages. Failing that check out: www.catchcult.co.uk
Re article ideas, thanks for the suggestions and am sure they will be covered at some point if we decide to carry on after CC3.
We have some real quality material from some real quality anglers but remember our intention all along is to pay the authors so we have some serious thinking to do after CC3.
As I said earlier, how about some of the BFW lads writing, some seem to have plenty to say on occasions....

Mark, I am not familiar with Howard or his writing but CATCH CULT are prepared to break the transfer fee record if the right material comes along.
I have invited members twice already on this thread to contribute so I hope Howard is giving it some thought.

Hi Martin, most things I write tend to be highly irreverent and often irrelevant and this is mainly to disguise the fact that I haven't actually caught a fish. That's a lot of time on the bank chewing my rod-rests through a combination of boredom and frustration. What I am very good at though is acquiring fishing tackle, sometimes at great expense, and finding ingenious ways of transporting these items into my house and onto their eventual hiding place, undetected by Mrs C. She did, however, find my prized split cane rod and I laughed when she said it looked expensive and I noted she looked embarrassed when I said it was just something made out of an old bit of bamboo. I thought I got away with that until I noticed later that day she was using it help clear the drains.

I could perhaps pen something over the summer as I now live close to the Wye-could even be a duel effort with Graham Elliot- a sort of diary extract for the day but from our respective perspectives. I really don't regard myself as a writer and I certainly wouldn't want paying for any article.

Something else to consider would be Steve Double-he is an excellent writer and has a mild obsession with the Loddon. Following his quest for barbel through the seasons would be a cracking read I reckon.

Yes H would be great catch, and currently working through his toilet humour phase :rolleyes: which would fit in well with C.C :p

Thanks Howard and please excuse the quick reply. Where do you live, I'm in Monmouth so perhaps we could meet up sometime.

Martin do you know of Mark Salt ?. He writes a lot in the NAC mag very good angler writes and knowledge of eel fishing is brilliant.

No Dean I don't know of Mark, head him in our direction if you are in touch with him, thanks.
Howard, suggest we have an evening on the river when the season starts. Am wondering if I met you at Hoarwithy a couple of years ago, ring any bells?

No Dean I don't know of Mark, head him in our direction if you are in touch with him, thanks.
Howard, suggest we have an evening on the river when the season starts. Am wondering if I met you at Hoarwithy a couple of years ago, ring any bells?

Sounds good Martin. I haven't fished Hoarwithy yet so that wasn't me. I only moved here last September so this will be my first full summer and I must say I'm very excited by the prospect of regular evenings on the Wye. I can even pop down after work.

I was talking to Len Arbery on the phone last weekend, he said he enjoyed CATCH CULT 1 and gave it 9 out of 10, I will take that any day from a man who I consider to be angling royalty!
He said he disagreed with some of the points in the articles and could write a contradictory piece re Lawrence Breakspear's barbel article.....so I'm hoping he will one day. Until then how about some material from BFW members, as Rob said in our rubbish video 'If it's good, we will print it'! For CATCH CULT to continue we need quality articles so once again here is another invitation to contribute. Thanks.

Back