• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Boots

I've had a pair of these boots before, or something similar, where the rubber and fabric meet came away pretty quickly, which puts me off getting another pair.

Still use a pair of Muck boots when down the river but recently bought a pair of Vass Fleece lined boots for my carping. Used them in France for the first time and they are very comfy and warm and no laces to deal with.

Another vote for Muckboots. Have tried all sorts over the years and it's only since starting to use Muckboots I've not had cold feet through the Winter.
Mine are Arctic sport ones but the newer ones are fleece lined and would probably be too warm. IIRC the replacement for mine now would be Muckmasters.
Merino wool thermals complete the Winter outfit now, toasty warm.
Check out reviews on Go Outdoors or Amazon for the Karrimors to get a good idea how they shape up.

Im on my 5th pair of muckboots, I'd caution that the quality has dropped considerably since my first pair 10 years ago. I find the inner lining in the heel wears away quickly on the newer ones, I do use mine for dog walking as well as fishing though.

Just bought some skellerup Quattro and well pleased with em up to now. Look very well made and got great reviews.

I also run and Karrimor trainers get very poor reviews by runners. The "sale" prices sucker people in to what is essentially a low quality product which then turns out not to be a bargain. Old story....you get what you pay for.

Muckboots Artic Sport is my footwear of choice in the winter. Never had cold feet since getting mine which are now on their third season.

I'm a thumb pusher - in a shop i push hard where the upper and moulded lower meet and so many boots "part" at this point. Manufacture is cr#p and if it parts you'd end up stuffing shoe-glue in the gap.

So how do you guys get on buying online? Either regarding sizing, and regarding poor quality?

Another vote for Muckboots, in my experience, the only negative would be poor grip in muddy conditions, but mine are the model before Arctic Sports, which have also been superceded, so grip levels may have improved with the latest models. Would certainly buy again.

I have the arctic sport and the equivalent in muckboots too. Which I only wear when I know I may get wet, but much prefer boots tbh. I have some North Face Chilkats which are excellent winter boots, but rather expensive for muddy river banks etc. I like the rubber front which when going through short fields keeps you from getting wet feet in other boots. These came up from M and M sports and at 39.99 a bargain imo. They arrived today and I'm very impressed to be honest. A nice thick sole, which doesn't press in, well made and thinsulate lining throughout. I work outside in the environment most days and these look bang on.

Haix goretex boots and bridgedale summit socks feet like toast in the cold weather

Attachments

• 73E4C7FF-C61B-46E6-84D5-F5ECE7A48BD7.png
    73E4C7FF-C61B-46E6-84D5-F5ECE7A48BD7.png
    677.6 KB · Views: 242
Muckboots for me, arctic sport for winter, edgewater for summer + edgewater short boot for those dew covered summer mornings when normal height boots are too warm.

A simple and easy way to waterproof your boots, a good spraying with WD-40. :) Honestly, it works a treat. :)

Had Muck Boots Spey for a few years most comfortable and warm boots I've worn.

Attachments

• IMG_2672.JPG
    IMG_2672.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 273
Absolutely Mike. :)

Condition leather furniture
shutterstock_1069573958-760x506.jpg

Another one of the little-known WD-40 uses you probably haven’t tried is to keep your favorite leather recliner and other leather furniture in tip-top shape by softening and preserving it with WD-40. Just spray it on and buff with a soft cloth. The combination of ingredients in WD-40 will clean, penetrate, lubricate, and protect the leather.

Winterproof boots and shoes
shutterstock_250920691-760x506.jpg

Here’s one of the great WD-40 uses you might not have thought of. Waterproof your winter boots and shoes by giving them a coat of WD-40. It’ll act as a barrier so water can’t penetrate the material. Also use WD-40 to remove ugly salt stains from boots and shoes during the winter months. Just spray WD-40 onto the stains and wipe with a clean rag. Your boots and shoes will look almost as good as new.

Readers Digest.

:):):)

Last edited:
Back