• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Boots

WD (Water Displacement) 40 is great for water displacement and other things.
It's not so good for freeing up rusted nuts and bolts, which is what most people use it for.
Plus Gas is very good for that because that's what it's designed to do.
WD 40 should never be used on padlocks, guaranteed to gum them up every time.

I have a pair of karrimor boots,over 10 years old, they have hardly any tread left,they are great lightweight hiking/fishing Summer boots. I cannot fault the brand the way i use them. I have a pair of mukboots and a pair of fur lined skeetex boots for winter use. One i use when its wet and cold the other when its icy and dry. I do not know if one boot is suitable for all year round use in the conditions we get in this country.I wear whichever boot is suitable for the day.

After destroying a few pairs over the years , I am now road resting Imax shore fishing boot, will see if they can stand up to the Humber estuary mud as well as river bank crud , at around £33.00 quid off ebay not too pricey either .

I have the arctic sport and the equivalent in muckboots too. Which I only wear when I know I may get wet, but much prefer boots tbh. I have some North Face Chilkats which are excellent winter boots, but rather expensive for muddy river banks etc. I like the rubber front which when going through short fields keeps you from getting wet feet in other boots. These came up from M and M sports and at 39.99 a bargain imo. They arrived today and I'm very impressed to be honest. A nice thick sole, which doesn't press in, well made and thinsulate lining throughout. I work outside in the environment most days and these look bang on.

Hi John. Have you had chance to use the boots yet? Look like just what I need.
Simon

Out on Monday with them.. Get a good test then.

if like me you suffer from cold feet look no further than Baffin Trapper wellies - in sub zero temperatures and totally static they are superb

not cheap but worth double the price in my opinion

other times of the year i wear Le Chameau leather lined zip up wellies - they are expensive but it's like wearing your favourite slippers on the bank - and they are excellent for walking great distances

Hi John. Have you had chance to use the boots yet? Look like just what I need.
Simon
Been fishing in them all day today. Very warm, well made the price, laces could be a little better. Sturdy sole. Thinsulate lined throughout. Warm and very comfy. I'm an 11 and there is lots of room. I took the original insert out and replaced it with a thicker one only for medical reasons. I have the North face boots and it's a shame to use them for fishing. These will replace them nicely. For 39.99 a good buy.

Been fishing in them all day today. Very warm, well made the price, laces could be a little better. Sturdy sole. Thinsulate lined throughout. Warm and very comfy. I'm an 11 and there is lots of room. I took the original insert out and replaced it with a thicker one only for medical reasons. I have the North face boots and it's a shame to use them for fishing. These will replace them nicely. For 39.99 a good buy.

Thanks John. Don’t always need the muck boots so these would be ideal when it’s not too wet.
Thanks again Simon

Back