• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muck boots

Jon Young

If anyone is after any amazon has some on offer for prime day. Depending on what size you want. I wanted 11s but they weren’t on offer so have ordered some 12s to see what they are like. £70 I think they were

John, they do have 11s in grey.
The arctic sport? When I looked they weren’t on the amazon day deals. Think it was the green ones and the size 11s weren’t on offer. If the 12s are too big I’ll have to send them back unless there is anyone on here who wants to buy them off me for cost price to save me the hassle

What is so good about them, £100 for a pair of wellies seems extreme?
They get good reviews off people on here. I wear walking boots which I pay about 100 quid for. Over the years Iv brought loads of fishing brand boots and every pair has fell apart in a year. My last pair of walking boots lasted 5 years and the pair Iv got now are on their 3rd year. I suffer with cold feet and my boots didn’t help that last winter so thought I’d get a pair of these to try. As they will only be worn for a few months a year they will hopefully last a few years

They get good reviews off people on here. I wear walking boots which I pay about 100 quid for. Over the years Iv brought loads of fishing brand boots and every pair has fell apart in a year. My last pair of walking boots lasted 5 years and the pair Iv got now are on their 3rd year. I suffer with cold feet and my boots didn’t help that last winter so thought I’d get a pair of these to try. As they will only be worn for a few months a year they will hopefully last a few years
I have two pairs of Muckboots One pair has so far given me 8 years of service and the others 4 years but the second pair were given a severe beating (scuse pun) through the last shooting season where I yomped 10-12 km twice a week on shoots, and they are spot on.
So do the maths, £30 quid cheapos which last a year or £80-100 for quality that keeps your feet happy and lasts much longer :rolleyes: ;)

Someone on here, put a link up a few years ago, about a discontinued model of muckboot. ( laced up front ). Think they were about 30 quid. I got a pair, and they have been fantastic in sub zero conditions. I dont even wear socks in them, as they are very slightly tight, wish i had bought the next size up. But even without socks, i have stood in the middle of the river mersey at low tide, in the snow, and my feet didnt feel the cold. Theres wellies, and then there is muckboots. 👍

Muckboots: worth every penny in my opinion.

I eventually did the right thing and bought a pair, after exhausting nearly every other option.

I had the dreaded Ske-tex, which due to both left and right being exactly the same, only served to make it feel like I had the left on the right foot and the right on the left foot. nearly impossible to walk anything more than a few car lengths in, and I looked a right bell-end in them. Warm though. Then I had the thought that wellies are just cheap, rubber boots, right? How much different can they be...?.. and so forth, and bought some cheap-and-not-so-cheerful Lidl ones - utter crap. Horrible, loose, thin lining. Thin, uncomfortable sole. Feet freezing, back of calf sore from chaffing etc. Then I bought something slightly more expensive but still crap.

Then I bought some Muckboot Muckmasters and realised what the fuss was about. Comfortable, warm, dry, can walk easily in them, fold over half way to make them cooler in the summer etc. They were a revelation. Farmer’s usually know the score with these things, as they virtually live in the damn things, and nearly every one I’ve seen wears them.

When they eventually wear out, if they ever do wear out, and if I should ever have any deluded thoughts of buying anything else, I can only ask that one of you please punch me in the face, tell me to stop being an idiot and go and buy another pair of Muckboots.

Ive had about 6 pairs in total and I would say that the quality has declined in the last couple of pairs, one pair the sole is coming unstuck and the other the inner lining wore away at the heel very quickly. They are very comfortable but I fear like most things they made their name and now they are producing cheaper boots and selling at the same price.

Ive had about 6 pairs in total and I would say that the quality has declined in the last couple of pairs, one pair the sole is coming unstuck and the other the inner lining wore away at the heel very quickly. They are very comfortable but I fear like most things they made their name and now they are producing cheaper boots and selling at the same price.
Stormsure is what you need, stuck a loose sole back on one of my Muckboots 3 winters back and still going strong! Must agree about the lining wearing quickly but still think they are excellent boots, much better than any others I've had.

I've had a pair of Arctic sport Muckboots for the last 5 years and they're worn on most trips October to March. No extra socks and warm as toast in any weather I'll be fishing.
Was so pleased I wanted to get my son a pair for Christmas. I discovered that the specification had changed and the new Arctic sports are fleece lined and guaranteed down to - 60 degrees! I felt that this would be too warm so on advice got the Muckmasters which are pretty much the same as my old Arctic sports.
I'm sure the new Arctic sports are great in extreme weather conditions but for more normal temperatures, say down to - 10 the Muckmasters are perfectly adequate and probably preferable.

Mine came today and they are pretty much perfect fit to be fair. They look massive and the box is ginormous but they don’t feel overly big on. I think combined with a good thick sock they will keep my feet as warm as they can get with my shocking circulation

I bought a pair and have had to take a stanley knife to them and cut 7 inches off the top as they are WAY TO SMALL I have 18" calf muscles and the top of the muck boots 17.5" also very disappointed in the grip they are warm though

Back