• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Makes my blood boil 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Typical carp angler..... complete shining bellend!! no offence to anybody fishes for mud Pigs! Rake the swim with a trawler Send out the bait boat that looks like a duck, then spodding for about 3 parts of a year. Then cast out 20 to 30 times til they get it right. put on their Claxon bite alarms, Put on their crocs. Then crank up the genny for the 67" flatscreen home cinema in the bivvy and wait for said alarms to alert everybody in a 60 mile radius that they have a fish on! For the life of me I can't get my head round them. All these stupid friggin rigs. What's wrong with a simple running lead or feeder????
Honestly my honest opinion is they are a bunch of d@#k ends!!
Chris

Typical carp angler..... complete shining bellend!! no offence to anybody fishes for mud Pigs! Rake the swim with a trawler Send out the bait boat that looks like a duck, then spodding for about 3 parts of a year. Then cast out 20 to 30 times til they get it right. put on their Claxon bite alarms, Put on their crocs. Then crank up the genny for the 67" flatscreen home cinema in the bivvy and wait for said alarms to alert everybody in a 60 mile radius that they have a fish on! For the life of me I can't get my head round them. All these stupid friggin rigs. What's wrong with a simple running lead or feeder????
Chris
I think that’s a tad unfair to say they are all dickheads.
Baring the bait boat, if you go and have a wonder down a lot of rivers that allow night fishing you’ll find some of us barbel anglers ain’t very far off the description above at all.

If you adopt good fish care then what does it matter regarding how you like to spend time on the bank.

Chris
Some of the best carp anglers are superb barbel anglers. Some have been record holders too. Bob Morris, Steve Curtin etc.

He's apologised hasn't he?
He apologised for upsetting fellow anglers he hasn’t apologised or retaining 6 double figure barbel for goodness knows how long and what he retained them in ….how long do you reckon the first barbel he laid out was out of the water while he carefully laid out the other 5 ?
Personally he’s apology means nothing to me and I don’t accept it
and do you think he actually wrote the apology? Or was it his sidekick who runs the FB page ?

I think that’s a tad unfair to say they are all dickheads.
Baring the bait boat, if you go and have a wonder down a lot of rivers that allow night fishing you’ll find some of us barbel anglers ain’t very far off the description above at all.

If you adopt good fish care then what does it matter regarding how you like to spend time on the bank.
Fair one mate.
Sorry I was just venting
I did forget to mention that sack up carp like pigs for the slaughter.
Which you can not do with river Prince.
Fish care is absolute paramount on my agenda but not so with some anglers.
Chris

I think we are all of "one voice" regarding this idiot. Can I offer a different "slant" on his actions though? The guy has shown himself up as having no regard for fish welfare and zero respect for this wonderful creature. To "Joe Public" however, this idiot could be seen as a "normal" angler, thereby giving all of us a bad name.
The most important thing is education in fish care and demonstrating to non-anglers that we take fish welfare seriously. This individual has damaged this aspect and I am as angry about how we could be perceived as much as the suffering the fish experienced.
He should have his name and photo published in every angling publication and banned from all fisheries and never again issued with a EA licence.

Chris
Chris
like John baker 😬😬😬

I think we are all of "one voice" regarding this idiot. Can I offer a different "slant" on his actions though? The guy has shown himself up as having no regard for fish welfare and zero respect for this wonderful creature. To "Joe Public" however, this idiot could be seen as a "normal" angler, thereby giving all of us a bad name.
The most important thing is education in fish care and demonstrating to non-anglers that we take fish welfare seriously. This individual has damaged this aspect and I am as angry about how we could be perceived as much as the suffering the fish experienced.
He should have his name and photo published in every angling publication and banned from all fisheries and never again issued with a EA licence.
Agreed Paul. I've seen numerous people Hook in to a fish.ie. a barbel play it for ages on undergunned tackle then finally land it straight on to the baking ground.
These uneducated fools ruin it for everyone!
My 11 Yr old son would know how to treat a fish. I have drilled it into him about welfare and care of all creatures and most importantly barbel!
Chris

Some of the best carp anglers are superb barbel anglers. Some have been record holders too. Bob Morris, Steve Curtin etc.
Without a shadow of a doubt. Purely for the fact they are educated on how to treat fish. Not like these weapons who Jump from a pool to river. Complete different game.
They definitely know not too sack a barbel. Even for a minute!
Chris

Chris, I think you are missing the point here and it is very important not to offset the original post.

There are lots of ways that anglers can improve their fishing to reduce the effects on fish that have been hooked and landed. There are hundreds of threads that address that consideration and that was not the point of the original post.

I do not know how long it took to catch the fish, how long they were retained or how the 'Thames six' were caught and then abused.

I can only respond to the irrefutable photographic evidence which is that six very large barbel were retained without good reason. They were then left to gasp and flap around while they were assembled for a video and pictures to be taken for personal glorification and I assume in the expectation of financial gain.

I am sure that the fishery owner would have a very dim view of his livelihood being destroyed and even if they were caught from a boat and then landed on the bank for a publicity session someone owns that land and they would I am sure have objected.

I often boat fish and the current would have forced a carp sack or keep net to rise up in the water or wrap around each fish and seriously impede their breathing. The more I think about it the worse it gets.

I have had a lot of people contact me privately about this and not one has tried to justify what occurred. I do not think that we are wrong to challenge Justin and his friends for their actions.

I contacted Angling Times this morning and named and shamed, and highlighted the issues. On the 14th April 2022 they explained their concerns about the need to make fish care a legal requirement and it started with

Make fish care a legal requirement
Current laws include sensible norms about returning the vast majority of fish “with as little injury as possible”.

If there magazine does what it preaches we can expect them to investigate the 'Thames six' and respond to the matter appropriately.

Chris, I think you are missing the point here and it is very important not to offset the original post.

There are lots of ways that anglers can improve their fishing to reduce the effects on fish that have been hooked and landed. There are hundreds of threads that address that consideration and that was not the point of the original post.

I do not know how long it took to catch the fish, how long they were retained or how the 'Thames six' were caught and then abused.

I can only respond to the irrefutable photographic evidence which is that six very large barbel were retained without good reason. They were then left to gasp and flap around while they were assembled for a video and pictures to be taken for personal glorification and I assume in the expectation of financial gain.

I am sure that the fishery owner would have a very dim view of his livelihood being destroyed and even if they were caught from a boat and then landed on the bank for a publicity session someone owns that land and they would I am sure have objected.

I often boat fish and the current would have forced a carp sack or keep net to rise up in the water or wrap around each fish and seriously impede their breathing. The more I think about it the worse it gets.

I have had a lot of people contact me privately about this and not one has tried to justify what occurred. I do not think that we are wrong to challenge Justin and his friends for their actions.

I contacted Angling Times this morning and named and shamed, and highlighted the issues. On the 14th April 2022 they explained their concerns about the need to make fish care a legal requirement and it started with

Current laws include sensible norms about returning the vast majority of fish “with as little injury as possible”.

If there magazine does what it preaches we can expect them to investigate the 'Thames six' and respond to the matter appropriately.
I totally understand! But I love fishing for barbel it is my absolute passion. But these beautiful creatures mishandled by humans absolutely disgusts me. Whether it be by their ineptitude or pure ignorance.
I know I am ranting....
These fish really need to be cared for with everybit of respect they deserve!
Chris

We would like to hope so,but im not holding my breath ☹

Are those all fish dead my good lady asked as she looked at this thread, I passed her the laptop and she read the posts, not a good advert for fishing then, was an understatement.

This is an appalling event the classic "Billingsgate / Big Game Hunter" shot from years gone by long retired to the waste bin.

As this is an open forum it is clear to anyone looking in that we are all appalled at this action.

One can only hope that the RSPCA are not looking in or some may hope they are.

Are those all fish dead my good lady asked as she looked at this thread, I passed her the laptop and she read the posts, not a good advert for fishing then, was an understatement.

This is an appalling event the classic "Billingsgate / Big Game Hunter" shot from years gone by long retired to the waste bin.

As this is an open forum it is clear to anyone looking in that we are all appalled at this action.

One can only hope that the RSPCA are not looking in or some may hope they are.

Someone should report this to the RSPCA , Angling Times, Barbel Society, EA, and any other relevant body.
The facebook moderator Steve Cresswell needs reporting too.

Has anyone one seen the spectacle he's made recently with a carp, clearly a big fish at 24lb+, holding it at all angles well away from his body filming it for social media and nearly dropping it twice!!

Has anyone one seen the spectacle he's made recently with a carp, clearly a big fish at 24lb+, holding it at all angles well away from his body filming it for social media and nearly dropping it twice!!

I think that's the foxtrot I referred to. He can just about hold the fish.

Is this the same dick head?

Screenshot_20230629_100542_com.brave.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20230629_100549_com.brave.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20230629_100557_com.brave.browser.jpg

Back