• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Makes my blood boil 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Having read all this I'm wondering if the forum could have a " best practice" sticky , if it doesn't already?

Why is he apologising for upsetting fellow anglers he should be saying sorry for the way I treated these barbel…… that tells you everything about this moron
I can’t believe most reply to his apology is fair play, people make mistakes etc ….

For some reason, I just don’t think he takes this as a big deal.

Shocking level of fish care.... And on a guided trip, by one of the known barbel anglers on the Thames was it?

Last edited:
Those pictures are “ very disturbing “ I thought photos like that were a thing of the past !
Just hope the fish survived !!
Have to agree with Terry , it does make your blood boil !😡

Unfortunately fishing has become popular with the "idiocracy" element of society. A look at gear adverts on marketplace easily confirms this. If you've not seen the film watch it, lol.

What this chap did is bloody awful and he's been named and shamed for it but this is only the tip of the iceberg. Every week barbel get put in keepnets during matches. High profile anglers too! Years ago the Barbel Society issued a DVD called 'The Barbel Handling Code' featuring Pete Reading. It's brilliant. Maybe a DVD should be made similar but stressing the importance of not retaining fish in sacks or keepnets and maybe some photography tips. Resting a fish in a landing net while you set your camera up is fine but that's all.

Nick

He's been posting this morning again. A carp he can just about lift. 70 second video with it. I made a comment that steve cresswell, the admin guy, should ban him. Denying him the platform. Guess who's been kicked off the group?

Last edited:
He's been posting this morning again. A carp he can just about lift. 70 second video with it. I made a comment that steve cresswell, the admin guy, should ban him. Denying him the platform. Guess who's been kicked off the group?
Yeah, I have no idea what that Steve guy is thinking, putting all the effort to protect this guy, I wonder if they are friend or something.

He's apologised hasn't he?

He's apologised for upsetting anglers. As Terry pointed out. Then today he's doing a foxtrot with a carp. He's more intetested in himself then fish welfare.
That Steve guy Huanzhou is more interested in his poxy fb page.

Yet Another Bull#hit book Gloryhunter Without a Brain......?
Hopefully those Specimen fish survived.
The bloke obviously needs a remap on Barbel Care.

The sad thing is he's obviously a pretty good angler. Most of us would love a haul like that! It's a shame he has no regard for fish welfare. I find it hard to believe he's on a guided day too.

Back