• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Makes my blood boil 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

IMG_3209.png

Who is the guy? Obviously someone who knows NOTHING about fish care and respect. I agree with you Terry, the only way he could have "posed" with these barbel is by sacking them. Sad that he will considered an "angler" by the general public. Those poor fish ☹️

Obviously a total nob, let’s hope it’s the last he catches. Hopefully ALL the fish survived the trauma 🤞

Which group is it? More and more people are into barbel fishing, but less and less try to show respect to the fish. When can people understand that fish care is not just a unhooking mat…

You know as well as I do bill that sort of stuff got left behind in the early eighties…. The worrying thing is how he retained them you can’t tell me he took 6 sacks with him
Definitely an activity that should be consigned to the history books Terry. I was going to edit my post as my comment doesn’t befit a person of my advancing years but I my feelings are still the same as are yours….

I remember as a kid at a pub match early 90s when there wasn't much fish care and under someone had a few in a keep net safe to say some didn't quite make it after the weighing so sad

It’s nothing short of offensive towards all good barbel anglers and those six stunning fish.
No respect whatsoever for those amazing and exceptionally rare specimens.

The video was actually quite disturbing to watch. These fish are obviously moving at the time he’s bragging about them, and as they do he just grabs at them and pulls them back into the pile like they are shopping bags.

Now I’m all for the educate and don’t decapitate way of responding to bad fish care in most cases but this pillock is way beyond that.
He wants naming, shaming and banning from all angling clubs so that he can’t cause such destructive and potential life threatening damage to specimen fish again in the future.

There was probably over 100 years of Thames barbel growth on that Mat.

Even if he was a decent enough carper they wouldn’t behave anything like that. The carping circles I flow in fish care is over everything. So much so I’ve gone without photos of real targets as I didn’t want to wait for someone to come down in the height of summer. I have a nothing but memories and a safe fish.

I had a cut off in France last month so swam to where it was to check the fish was not trapped (safely btw I was a rescue diver years back) and retrieved the live rig and leader. But that’s just me 🙂

Back