• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lockdown returns...

IMG-20210104-WA0002.jpg

If fishing is classed as exercise, and I believe it is, you can still do it in your local area once a day. The Angling Trust will no doubt post guidance for fishing clubs soon.

The guidance states this....
You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure (e.g. a picnic or a social meeting). This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

I think fishing comes under the R&L banner and not exercise.

The guidance states this....
You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure (e.g. a picnic or a social meeting). This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

I think fishing comes under the R&L banner and not exercise.
One of my local clubs has already closed all of it’s fisheries with pretty much immediate effect. I suspect many others will also do so.

Last time in the proper lockdown fishing was classed as a sport, I recall the various jibes from non angling friends about how sitting down is a sport etc. Give it 24 hours. I watched the press conference and didn’t even think oh bugger no fishing. There was very explicit talk from Hancock earlier today, I believe that they have no plan to return to limiting outdoor exercise, quite the opposite that they see the value and low risk in it.
I expect, match fishing will be banned but general corse angling will not.

I'm not sure how driving to the river and fishing all day on my own is dangerous. Especially when I go to work 5days a week and mix with folks from a wide area. My job can't be done at home BTW.

This is from tonight's update on .gov.uk

"Outdoor sports venues, including tennis courts, golf courses and swimming pools, must close."

That's all folks!

Its all a matter of perception.... one school says that being solitary on a river / pond bank, enjoying a days solitude with nature, recharging batteries and coming into contact with nobody is fine, another says that leaving your home, either using public or private transport, even walking to a venue is a no no, because in the event of an unplanned accident / event, it can put you into contact with others.

A difficult one to reconcile.

David

If you can't talk about it in the pubs, don't talk about it on here!

This is from tonight's update on .gov.uk

"Outdoor sports venues, including tennis courts, golf courses and swimming pools, must close."

That's all folks!
Those things did open later than fishing last time though didn’t they. We’re not back in that whole 30 minutes of exercise per day world we were in, so we will have to wait and see, frustrating as that may be.

Latest from Angling trust
UPDATE – January 5, 2021

We are currently studying the detail of the new Covid-19 national lockdown restrictions announced by the Prime Minister on Monday evening and will be analysing the regulations once they are published. We will then update our advice on this website as soon as possible..... So watch this space

Back