• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Light weight chairs

Hi Neil. I’d say the only issue you might find is the chairs back being too high to get the straps over.
Korum ruckbag chairs are always very low on the back.
you could look at fitting the chair to the back of the bag and carry them together that way. Older Korum ruckbags had 4 strong Velcro loops which were conveniently spaced about 450mm apart. Same width of most lightweight chairs.
The new korum bags the straps come off the sides on the bottom so doesn’t matter how high the chair is. The old roving rucksack the straps came over the top and bottom of the chair

The new korum bags the straps come off the sides on the bottom so doesn’t matter how high the chair is. The old roving rucksack the straps came over the top and bottom of the chair

Cheers Jon. It’s the new transition compact ruckbag I’m looking at.

I’ve got a Korum Aeronium,and although it’s not the comfiest chair it is extremely light,I’ve remedied this by putting a 1 inch thick foam pad on the seat,ideal for short (up to 4 hours) sessions.As far as the short legs are concerned,I’m not the tallest person so not too much of a problem.I used a JRC ultralight (still got it) before the Korum but find the Korum much easier to carry 👍

2DC40EE9-4168-49F3-B88E-15FDFFA406B8.jpeg

It looks the same as the larger one so should be all good as long as the chair isn’t too wide for it

Yes but they still have to go over the top of the folded chair if your using the system as intended and if it’s got a high back you’ll struggle to get your arms in.

Put the chair upside down. That’s how I have mine now
I’m not really sure what difference that makes. You’ll probably have to explain with some pictures.
If the area of the chair is bigger than the bag you’ve still got to get the straps over it. Upside down or not it’s the same size and I know from trying it out myself higher backed chairs do not work very well using Korums system. The straps go over it but very little room left to get your arms in. Especially in a thick winter coat.

They are very light but They made a lot of sacrifices to get it there.
tiny mud feet, zero padding and a measly 2 inches of leg extension.
the old n’s were the best n’s 😊
I had an original Nash nomad with carry strap, the leg extensions needed regular maintenance , my mate sold me his indulgence , the seat had been mauled with by mice , I removed the chair cover and fitted my nomad chair cover, fitted perfect .Should of kept it but moved it on .

I’m not really sure what difference that makes. You’ll probably have to explain with some pictures.
If the area of the chair is bigger than the bag you’ve still got to get the straps over it. Upside down or not it’s the same size and I know from trying it out myself higher backed chairs do not work very well using Korums system. The straps go over it but very little room left to get your arms in. Especially in a thick winter coat.
I’ll put a pic when I get chance. The clips at the top end of the bag attach to the legs of the chair so the straps only need to go over the top of them

it’s typical fox camolite. They don’t seem to keep stuff in the portfolio for long. The pike version is still around which is exactly the same baring the colour

D6F93EDA-DE28-4CF4-A125-6ED4EF62CA2A.jpeg

Here’s a pic of how the chair fits. The arm straps easily lift over the legs to unclip the chair. My chair hasn’t got a high back but you can see that it wouldn’t be a problem if it was as the straps are to the side of the chair at the bottom of the bag

Back