• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Light weight chairs

Paul Clotworthy

Need a lighter chair one us is to big for the long walks on the rivers what’s the best lightest chair people have used looking at the fox Duralite low it’s only 2.9kg has anyone uses one of theses are they any good thanks also after a strap to carry one this time instead of under my arm

Need a lighter chair one us is to big for the long walks on the rivers what’s the best lightest chair people have used looking at the fox Duralite low it’s only 2.9kg has anyone uses one of theses are they any good thanks also after a strap to carry one this time instead of under my arm
I have the same one but with arm rests , 3.2kg , I carry it in my hand , re a carry strap , with Ruck bag and quiver I don’t want chair round my neck . I’m sure you could mod it to take a strap

I also have a Duralite with the arm rests. It’s a great chair! Really lite and relatively comfy. I’d certainly go for the arm rests for a bit of added luxury. Locking legs are useful and it’s very easy to carry.

Cheers,

Andy

This subject has been done to death, search the forum.
The general consensus usually finds the JRC stealth is brilliant and resilient, amongst others.
I've had 2 JRC chairs. The first one lasted about 20yrs and failed only because the fabric wore out .
Been using the stealth for 5 yrs now , really good, and I've had to tighten up the elastic once. This gives some 'suspension' to the seat and is wonderful.

This subject has been done to death, search the forum.

Maybe so Paul, but not everybody wants to wade through old threads to see if the chair they might be interested in is discussed :)

The general consensus usually finds the JRC stealth is brilliant and resilient, amongst others.
I've had 2 JRC chairs. The first one lasted about 20yrs and failed only because the fabric wore out .
Been using the stealth for 5 yrs now , really good, and I've had to tighten up the elastic once. This gives some 'suspension' to the seat and is wonderful.
My JRC is over 25 years old. I modified the flat cross piece when the weld started to split, but apart from that it's still good for a few years yet.

Nash indulgence ultralight, has a strap zipped in the back as well👍love mine

Chairs change and improve, I for one have enjoyed having my JRC Stealth chair, but finally snapped last year. I looked around, wanting a chair with big ish mud feet and able to fold the back away, to help with soft and steep river banks. I also dropped on the Nash indulgence ultralight. Had it since early October, its very comfy, light and the strap zipped into the back rest is a great addition.

I have few chairs that are still in excellent condition just there just a little big and heavy for the type of walking I do on the rivers moving about all the time

I have one of the original Nash indulgence ultralights. Great chair.
Does anyone know if it fits on the Korum compact ruckbag?

They are very light but They made a lot of sacrifices to get it there.
tiny mud feet, zero padding and a measly 2 inches of leg extension.
the old n’s were the best n’s 😊
Have to agree with Richard. Purchased the Korum chair last year, it is much to low for me and the seat is not very comfy. It is very light though and probably fine for those of less advanced years, but I went back to my JRC.

I have one of the original Nash indulgence ultralights. Great chair.
Does anyone know if it fits on the Korum compact ruckbag?
Hi Neil. I’d say the only issue you might find is the chairs back being too high to get the straps over.
Korum ruckbag chairs are always very low on the back.
you could look at fitting the chair to the back of the bag and carry them together that way. Older Korum ruckbags had 4 strong Velcro loops which were conveniently spaced about 450mm apart. Same width of most lightweight chairs.

Another vote for the Nash indulgence ultralight. Much more comfortable than the Korum Aeronium when I tried it in the shop.

If weight is the big thing for you then maybe consider a Shimano Bum Buddy. But then consider where you might find one for sale :oops:
Fantastic for roving ... I use one together with just a (Korum) quiver ...no bag/pack required. Rarely come up for sale though now.

If weight is the big thing for you then maybe consider a Shimano Bum Buddy. But then consider where you might find one for sale :oops:
Fantastic for roving ... I use one together with just a (Korum) quiver ...no bag/pack required. Rarely come up for sale though now.
I used to have one of them there good bit of kit can just sit a unhooking mat if that was the case after a chair really

Back