• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Licence

Still no sign of my license but they definitely know that I've paid for it and they can't understand why I haven't received it yet. I can understand it but the reasons I give would be moderated.

Conrad
last season, mine got put into next doors box, lucky, it was given to me by next door at 7 in the evening, crummy post.:confused:

Went to my local post office on the 26th of march and bought my licence. No sign of it by last Monday so phoned them. "No problem" he said "we'll put a replacement in the post". Still no licence yet:rolleyes:

Don't leave it to long Alex. I'm still waiting for mine. Good job I don't do much closed season fishing or I'd be fishing illegally by now.:)

All the best Tatty

Don't leave it to long Alex.

I would certainly second that.
There's a pond near the river that I fish in the off season.
I parked up and had a wander along the river looking for signs of life.
Its looking a picture now with all the bankside growth and the lillies and reeds coming up.

While I was doing this there was a jeep moving along the track and then it disappeared. I finally set up on the pond and the jeep returned.

It was the EA checking out of season anglers and poachers.

First time I have had my licence checked and got to say it was reassuring to see them out and about. :)

New licence all sorted online - this time it worked first time ;)

Now off to Rutland Water to worry some trout......

I am not bothering with licence this year the EA do nothing.

In 45 years of fishing I have only been ask for my licence once, when I was
fishing the Royalty in the Parlour Pool 9 years ago, he walked 25 yards from
pump house with a guy from Wessex Water, with a mug of tea and asked to see my licence.

I asked him if he was going to check other anglers, he said he never had time and went back to the pump house with his tea.

the Royalty a small fishery, it was mid August, plenty of anglers on the banks to check

i had mine checked today on a local lake, the weird thing was, i was just saying saying to the balliff, and he pops out,
can i see your licence sir!:eek:

Back