• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Leadcore

Paul Hamer

Hi lads, does anyone use leadcore has an abrasive leader? How long would you make the leader?

Last edited:
Leadcore leaders: Huh blooming carpy tactics have no place in barbel angling....:D:D

Where will all these intrusions into this noble sport take us........ Cue Neil Smart...:D:D:D

I don't use it.

I use Korda xtra tough shockleader though when reqiured.

Korda's Arma Cord and Nash's Armour Braid are other usefull options that can withstand the bedrock gulleys you will be fishing Paul. I've used both in the 20lb version and if pushed would prefer the Nash version but both do the job.

I don't really understand why some people get so touchy about tackle innovations from the Carp world. I bet most of those who do have used hooks designed for carp! If a tactic/rig/product developed for carp fishing can offer you an advantage in your barbel fishing then why not use it?

Alternatively you could carry on impaling half a can of meat on a size 2 and moaning that there are no barbel in your rivers anymore. ( none that are daft enough to fall for that tactic anyway :eek: )

Leadcore leaders: Huh blooming carpy tactics have no place in barbel angling....:D:D

Where will all these intrusions into this noble sport take us........ Cue Neil Smart...:D:D:D

Ok you gave us the hair rig. I'll give you that.

Now bugger off back to Savay:)

Korda's Arma Cord and Nash's Armour Braid are other usefull options that can withstand the bedrock gulleys you will be fishing Paul. I've used both in the 20lb version and if pushed would prefer the Nash version but both do the job.

I don't really understand why some people get so touchy about tackle innovations from the Carp world. I bet most of those who do have used hooks designed for carp! If a tactic/rig/product developed for carp fishing can offer you an advantage in your barbel fishing then why not use it?

Alternatively you could carry on impaling half a can of meat on a size 2 and moaning that there are no barbel in your rivers anymore. ( none that are daft enough to fall for that tactic anyway :eek: )

I dunno why do folk get so touchy?

Of course you are wrong about the half a tin of Spam approach, it is still a very effective way of inducing a bite when they have seen enough of those carpy boilies to last them a lifetime....in fact zzzzzz I had my pb on a huge lump of the Spam when they were just sniffing at the Scource, gave her proper meal and it was job done:D

Oh oh, did'nt know there were rules lads at what you can and cant use:D Hope I've not upset anyone:eek:
Thanks for the advice Andy;)

Cheers Gaz. Got plenty of the locations ready, will bring you some:D Managed to squeeze a tea bag out of John earlier:eek:

Ok you gave us the hair rig. I'll give you that.

So apart from the hair rig, the leadcore, the safety clip, braided line, wide-gape hooks, baitrunners, delkims, 2lb+ TC rods , boilies, bivvies, rod pods, baiting needles, stringers, pva mesh, hangers and isotopes, what have the carpers ever done for us!!!

So apart from the hair rig, the leadcore, the safety clip, braided line, wide-gape hooks, baitrunners, delkims, 2lb+ TC rods , boilies, bivvies, rod pods, baiting needles, stringers, pva mesh, hangers and isotopes, what have the carpers ever done for us!!!

Sounding like Monty Python now lads:D:D:D

Love the irony:)

Just been sifting through the BFW archives and the use of leadcore was a classic thread back in December 2006, with opinions very much divided. However the main concern for those that were against the use of the stuff was it's potential to tether, however amongst it supporters was a Barbelgirl 123 (who had more front the Weston Super Mare) and here favourite venue was Adams Mill (pb was 18.2:)
Whatever happened to her, Adams Mill and the Barbel?

Leadcore? :D

Barbel girl, Leane James? was 6'3" and had hands like a bricky, she scared the **** out of me .
I seem to remember she had a few health issues. I have no idea where she went but I hope she's keeping well.

Barbel girl, Leane James? was 6'3" and had hands like a bricky, she scared the **** out of me .
I seem to remember she had a few health issues. I have no idea where she went but I hope she's keeping well.

Yep that's the one, took no prisoners by the looks of it, like to see her in a head to head with Colin Gordon.:D

In a non sexual way of course.

Back