• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum tripod adapter. What you need to know

Excellent thread - been looking for a tripod recently but didn’t want to fork out £70 on something that got rarely used.

Managed to find one of these new on eBay for £9.99 just now.

Excellent thread - been looking for a tripod recently but didn’t want to fork out £70 on something that got rarely used.

Managed to find one of these new on eBay for £9.99 just now.
One of which Gavin ? The Adapter in Richards first post ? Have you got a link ?

Last edited:
One of which Gavin ? The Adapter in Richards first post ? Have you got a link ?
It was the last one on eBay I’m guessing they were selling them off.

Here’s the link for you just in case:

Not read all of this thread, top marks to Richard for pointing it out,but could the problem not also be sorted out by using korum tilt head rod rest heads or there tilt alarms

Like these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240128_074747_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240128_074747_Chrome.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 31
Yes that would resolve the issue with the positioning of the rests but it doesn’t resolve the massive footprint this thing takes up.

Much better off putting the angles on the legs in my opinion
Fair comment Richard,but problem I can see if you have the legs too close together is stability same as with all tripods,wider the legs more stable the whole thing is.Unless you can really drive the legs in to the ground.

Fair comment Richard,but problem I can see if you have the legs too close together is stability same as with all tripods,wider the legs more stable the whole thing is.Unless you can really drive the legs in to the ground.
Yeah that’s true. Beauty of having the legs adjustable though means you can chose.
You can open them up for more stability where you have room or close them a bit if space is limited.
Personally I think that is the best way to use them.
Don’t forget if you buy the Korum tripod it has the same adjustment on the legs that I have given the adapter. Makes it far more useful

Yeah that’s true. Beauty of having the legs adjustable though means you can chose.
You can open them up for more stability where you have room or close them a bit if space is limited.
Personally I think that is the best way to use them.
Don’t forget if you buy the Korum tripod it has the same adjustment on the legs that I have given the adapter. Makes it far more useful

Got all the bits for this now and really struggling to get the Preston angle adapters to be symmetrical either side. Driving me insane !!!

I don’t these the Korum speed adapters help matters either.

Back