• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum tripod adapter. What you need to know

There are few funnier sights in angling than seeing barbel anglers on the Trent, donned head to toe in camo....with a bloody big white transit van parked right behind them! 😂
i particularly like the blokes at fishing shows dressed up in realtree clothes
you can get a whole day’s entertainment bumping into them and saying “ oh sorry didn’t see you there” 😂

I've just bought one of these tripod adaptors. It looks spot on to me. I think I recognise the swim that Korum are using. Fladbury weir?
That is the delight that is the BAA's Fladbury . . .Apparently the wier house in shot is only used as a summer / guest home by a well heeled local family . . .'When I win the lottery' springs to mind . . .such a nice spot!

i particularly like the blokes at fishing shows dressed up in realtree clothes
you can get a whole day’s entertainment bumping into them and saying “ oh sorry didn’t see you there” 😂
I have NEVER understood this . . .I blame Jan Porter (RIP) but at least he was flogging a brand at the time. Do they not realise fishing gear a) generally smells and b) its for going fishing in . . .

The beauty about storm poles over tripod legs is they can be pushed deeper into the ground. I’ve set this up in the garden with my power bores and no barbel on earth is pulling it out.

One day we'll see storm poles (and longer bank sticks) fashioned as a narrow trident, each shoulder just wide enough to take the sole of a shoe.

Certainly the option of unscrewing the point and connecting a fork or a screw/point or flange would be quite a clever pole.
Already exists - maybe use a bankstick stabiliser? DAM do a double version . . .

Last edited:
Already exists - maybe use a bankstick stabiliser? DAM do a double version . . .

I know these things exist.
I’m just having a bit of a brain wave here after reading Terry’s post.
My mechanical mind is just bouncing now.

BCC6144B-F151-43C2-844C-67BACFA8A75F.jpeg

apologies for the crap sketch
So how’s that for a fish anywhere bankstick kit.
No1 bankstick . 450mm non extending light weight aluminum bank stick with female thread both ends. T bar for screwing in the auger

no2 course auger. For sand, gravel where you need a bit of purchase.

no3 standard spike

No4 flange for wooden jetty’s.

no5 small electromagnetic base. Maybe you come across steel where you want to put a rod. These bases can be very tiny yet powerful.

No 6 triton fork extra stability in the wind.

No 7 is the case all the accessories go into and are transported in.
It’s also a fully water sealed plastic container with filler cap and male thread. If the shit hits the fan and it’s absolutely impossible to get your bankstick in the ground (concrete) then fill this bad boy up with river water and screw your stick into the lid. It’s not going to be 3foot twitch proof but it’s going to plenty heavy enough when full to provide a decent secure rest.
all accessories (apart from magnet and case) could be 7000 series aluminum and less than 3 inches long.

Would anyone actually buy it.......... who knows! Probably not. I’m just releasing the ideas bouncing around in my head 🤣
I suppose the clever bit is really keeping the size and weight right down to make it appealing for a traveling angler to put in his bag.

Last edited:
I suppose the clever bit is really keeping the size and weight right down to make it appealing for a traveling angler to put in his bag.
No Rich, I think the clever bit will be in finding a way not to leave the course auger (#2) a foot below ground, when you have you unscrew bank stick from well hard ground 😂
N.b.. I do love the word "flange" 🙃

No Rich, I think the clever bit will be in finding a way not to leave the course auger (#2) a foot below ground, when you have you unscrew bank stick from well hard ground 😂
N.b.. I do love the word "flange" 🙃
Tut tut tut
Terry......... that’s what left hand threads are for. 🤣

Ok, so you'd unscrew the tip whilst screwing the bank stick in 🤣
There’s ways it could be easy done. Nyloc. Pin, knurled finish between faces.
There’s never much resistance removing them as the thread in the ground has been cut putting them in.
definitely a right hand thread though. Left wouldn’t work 🤦‍♂️

apologies for the crap sketch
So how’s that for a fish anywhere bankstick kit.
No1 bankstick . 450mm non extending light weight aluminum bank stick with female thread both ends. T bar for screwing in the auger

no2 course auger. For sand, gravel where you need a bit of purchase.

no3 standard spike

No4 flange for wooden jetty’s.

no5 small electromagnetic base. Maybe you come across steel where you want to put a rod. These bases can be very tiny yet powerful.

No 6 triton fork extra stability in the wind.

No 7 is the case all the accessories go into and are transported in.
It’s also a fully water sealed plastic container with filler cap and male thread. If the shit hits the fan and it’s absolutely impossible to get your bankstick in the ground (concrete) then fill this bad boy up with river water and screw your stick into the lid. It’s not going to be 3foot twitch proof but it’s going to plenty heavy enough when full to provide a decent secure rest.
all accessories (apart from magnet and case) could be 7000 series aluminum and less than 3 inches long.

Would anyone actually buy it.......... who knows! Probably not. I’m just releasing the ideas bouncing around in my head 🤣
Nice sketches! Put a Jag / Korda logo on the case and you'll have retired before the new season . . .

PS> I like a good flange . . . .almost as much as a good gussett

Back