• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Keith Speer

Deeply saddened to learn of Keith's sudden passing. I had the pleasure of fishing with him a few times in recent years. A true gentleman, with a wicked sense of humour.
My heart felt condolences go out to his family and friends. RIP Keith.

I never met the man but I can say he seriously he impressed me as a man and an angler in his attitude and his angling skill.
I hope he plunders that big river in the sky.
Shocked
RIP Keith

I only knew of Keith from BFW and the angling press.I would read in awe of his ability with float and pin in the depths of winter,catching huge fish whilst it seemed all around were blanking.Truly sad news.RIP Keith

I saw the front page here and my immediate thought was, 'he's gone and done it again!' Extremely shocking and sad news.

RIP Keith a true angler and inspirational character.
Really shocking. He will be sadly missed.
My condolences to his family.

Bob

A very sad day.

A great man, great angler, totally stunned by this news.

Thoughts are with his family and very many friends here and beyond

RIP Zanderman

Last week i fished with Keith on the Ivel ,he was fishing for Barbel and i for Roach, i was new to the stretch and he pointed me to a better Roach swim than the one i was fishing and my first bite produced a 2lb 1 oz roach,its since produced another couple of 2's.A number of times this winter he has wished me luck for the next day and great roach have come my way,(this winter i have my Roach head on)A big bear of a man always willing to help or give advise.He invited me to fish with him on the punts with Francis Francis when the weather got better. Rest in peace big man i will miss my cups of tea, hour long chats and good luck wishes,in the club car park,after fishing.

What sad news.
My sincere condolences to his friends and family.
His generosity will be sorely missed on here.

Damian

What a horrible shocking reminder of how precious life is. Fished with
Keith a couple of times and really enjoyed his company, he was very generous in passing on his knowledge to others. Terrible loss, condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad to hear, condolences to his family, friends and those that knew him, never met him but suspect i would have liked him from his writings and views
RIP

Met Keith a couple of times when he spoke at meetings. A truly inspirational angler always happy to give help and advice. My condolences to his family. RIP Keith you will be sadly missed.

Rip Keith some great words from fellow anglers , shows the respect we all had for him as a angler and a gentleman.

Back