• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Keith Speer

A devastating loss to the sport. Keith achieved so much and was admired by so many.I was fortunate enough to share a few cups of tea from the boot of my car. An all round nice guy. Condolences to his family and friends.

What a loss, what a wonderful man. Always informative posts and advice given with grace and such expertise. Heartfelt condolences to his family and all his many,many friends. what a shock.

Very sorry to hear this awful news.
My thoughts go out to his family and many fishing friends.
Sad loss indeed.

I am absolutely in shock at this news. Keith was one of those guys you thought indestructible, a big bear of a man with a personality to match. He was a true master of float fishing, with a level of perfection in trotting a float through a swim that very few could match. I only fished with him the once, spending a day on the Lower Itchen fishery, one of his favourite haunts....it was an experience I will never forget. We spoke several times of fishing some of our small local rivers together, rivers that we both had fond memories of from years gone by. I shall regret forever that I never got around to taking him up on that offer. RIP Keith, and my condolences to his family and his very many friends.

Dave.

Mike W and I were only talking about ringing Keith last night.

I'm numb with shock.

We are all getting older, and sometimes we go fishing on our own.
There for the grace of God.....

Tight lines on that great river in the sky buddy.

I didn't know Keith but I enjoyed his writing, especially regarding catching barbel on the float. I've not been a regular on here for a long time, but I happened to be reading a few threads recently and I remember reading some of Keith's comments and thinking how well he came across. I think it's a measure of man that despite not knowing him personally I am truly shocked to hear of his passing. RIP Keith.

My heart goes out to Keith's family and friends at this time. Keith inspired many to take up trotting for barbel on the centrepin, myself included. Such was the man that he replied in detail to my pm's requesting advice, even though he had probably been asked the same basic stuff on a regular basis. I will miss his informative posts and regard his passing as a significant loss to angling as a whole. RIP Keith.

Back