• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Its Gone Cold everyone should have one of these...

Zippo/Peacock

Yes they will and vice versa. Replacement Zippo items are relatively hard to come by but the Peacock ones are pretty easy to get. I've seen strong suggestions that Peacock make the handwarmers for Zippo. Thanks for the reminder though, I need some spares.;):D

That makes a lot of sense, it does not say Made in USA on the Zippo handwarmer, which is a very strong pointer. Normally, all Zippo products are stamped Made in USA.

Anyone had any problems ordering off UKCamo.com. Problem resolved via e-mail. Thanks.

Last edited:
The Chairman on Tuesday

Subject: Winter Warmers

Two words only: Lady Guide.

As ever,

B.B.

PS - Even works in deepest, darkest Yorkshire, as I found grayling-ing on an iceberg-choked Wharfe the other winter. Can't get a better recommendation than that. Not cheap, of course, but when only the best will do...

PPS - Best worn inside your waders.

Mine are great and Derek, No, no problem at all, in fact My ordering experience was superb, delivered within 2 days of ordering.

Last edited:
The Chairman on Tuesday

Subject: Winter Warmers

Two words only: Lady Guide.

As ever,

B.B.

Not cheap, of course, but when only the best will do...

PPS - Best worn inside your waders.
yer, i wanted one but it would of cost £2k a night, i'll stick to the zippo instead...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The Chairman on Tuesday

I don't check links (one never knows where they've been), but, whatever the above thingie is, does it have a "Guaranteed to Operate in Extreme Conditions and Attitudes" [i.e. in Derbyshire, Yorkshire, north Norfolk, west Dorset and the better bits of the Home Counties] Certificate?

If it does, then I might be interested - at least, if it is priced at no more than 99p.

As ever,

B.B.

Mr Sneeze or Mr Snow better for me at the moment thanks :).

Seriously though I do want one of the Zippos and the discount code sounded interesting...

Brought the Zippo hand warmer on ebay for £18 Free post, Used it this morning up the Loddon, kept my hands lovely and warm well pleased.

Regards Ray Thorpe

Back