• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Its Gone Cold everyone should have one of these...

One to steer clear of is the Little Hottie handwarmers. I bought a box of them from Costco last year, and found them to be as good as useless. They don't seem to get that hot. Stick with either the solid fuel(charcoal) ones of the Peacock/Zippo. They are much better.

Hi Andy,

I ordered a couple last night, thanks for the discount, any chance they could be delivered tomorrow??

Hi Andy It says one year guarantee on the link you have put up for the Zippo hand warmers, is it a year or a life time guarantee, please comfirm before i buy, Thank you,

Regards Ray Thorpe

You talking kettle's....

We got these in this week

tn4_1374212.jpg

And we should be on the bank Saturday cant wait to try one out...
Ghillie Ketlle......

i have one of those ,very good thay are ,the whistle is great

i also have a peacock hand wamer ,they keep you nice and toasty ,mine lasts 18 hours on one filling .

Last edited:
hand warmers

recieved my two warmers today but carn't get them to go warm ive filled them with fluid and lit the catalytic burner unit for 5 seconds but it work any help thanks

recieved my two warmers today but carn't get them to go warm ive filled them with fluid and lit the catalytic burner unit for 5 seconds but it work any help thanks

Always took longer than five seconds to light properly for me.
Helps if you leave the burner unit on a well fuelled unit for a little while before you try to light it.

Those willy warmers were all the rage in the late 70's. My wife knitted one for our best man when he was posted to the Falklands and I presented it to him at a family leaving party.:D Happy days....

Zippo

A zippo handwarmer....
zip-hw.jpg

Much better than the ones with the carbon rod's in...

Here's the bumf...

Designed for outdoors enthusiasts, the Zippo handwarmer is a brilliant item to carry. Sleek and compact, the handwarmer can be carried in jackets, trousers or gloves.
Using Zippo Premium Lighter Fluid the handwarmer produces ten times the heat of traditional models and lasts up to an incredible 24 hours per fill making it absolutely perfect for keeping warm when sleeping outdoors. The handwarmer runs off a platinum catalyzed glass fiber burner which gives no flame but is quick and easy to light.

Supplied in a presentation case with fill tub and warming bag, this is an essential cold weather item.

Covered by Zippos one year guarantee, the handwarmer is perfect for golfers, anglers, hunters, bushcrafters, in fact, anyone that spends time outdoors who wants a little bit of insulation against the cold!

And if you want one here's a link
Zippo Handwarmer

and enter the discount code frosty and you get 5% off :):):):)

Zippos were £14 + £2 p&p on EBay a few weeks ago. There are some who think that the Peacock ones are better - well Japan vs USA

Zippo

A zippo handwarmer....
zip-hw.jpg

Much better than the ones with the carbon rod's in...

Here's the bumf...

Designed for outdoors enthusiasts, the Zippo handwarmer is a brilliant item to carry. Sleek and compact, the handwarmer can be carried in jackets, trousers or gloves.
Using Zippo Premium Lighter Fluid the handwarmer produces ten times the heat of traditional models and lasts up to an incredible 24 hours per fill making it absolutely perfect for keeping warm when sleeping outdoors. The handwarmer runs off a platinum catalyzed glass fiber burner which gives no flame but is quick and easy to light.

Supplied in a presentation case with fill tub and warming bag, this is an essential cold weather item.

Covered by Zippos one year guarantee, the handwarmer is perfect for golfers, anglers, hunters, bushcrafters, in fact, anyone that spends time outdoors who wants a little bit of insulation against the cold!

And if you want one here's a link
Zippo Handwarmer

and enter the discount code frosty and you get 5% off :):):):)

Zippos were £14 + £2 p&p on EBay a few weeks ago. Some think that the Peacock ones are better, well USA vs Japan

Back