• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Its Gone Cold everyone should have one of these...

Andy Cooper

A zippo handwarmer....
zip-hw.jpg

Much better than the ones with the carbon rod's in...

Here's the bumf...

Designed for outdoors enthusiasts, the Zippo handwarmer is a brilliant item to carry. Sleek and compact, the handwarmer can be carried in jackets, trousers or gloves.
Using Zippo Premium Lighter Fluid the handwarmer produces ten times the heat of traditional models and lasts up to an incredible 24 hours per fill making it absolutely perfect for keeping warm when sleeping outdoors. The handwarmer runs off a platinum catalyzed glass fiber burner which gives no flame but is quick and easy to light.

Supplied in a presentation case with fill tub and warming bag, this is an essential cold weather item.

Covered by Zippos one year guarantee, the handwarmer is perfect for golfers, anglers, hunters, bushcrafters, in fact, anyone that spends time outdoors who wants a little bit of insulation against the cold!

And if you want one here's a link
Zippo Handwarmer

and enter the discount code frosty and you get 5% off :):):):)

Cheap plug that Andy. Clicked on the link and was directed to the signature link at the bottom of your post.

At a pound each and being light weight, I'd take two pairs and if there longer than 8 - 10hrs I'd have a kettle so a couple minutes and they're re-activated.;)

Andy, I've got a Coleman stove, a British army issue diesel stove and numerous gas ones but if I was in the market for another, they do look appealing.:)

Diesel stove covers that eventuality, though it is damned heavy!!:(

More for overnighters, using a barrow to transport my kit.;)

I have two of the Zippo handwarmers and think that they are the DBs. The only snag is that I can't for the life of me remember where I put the damned things! I'll bet they are in the depths of one of my multitude of coats I use for fishing, shooting, beating or ferreting.:D

They are very good, but are only a copy of these, the originals; http://www.peacockhandwarmers.co.uk/use.html
But to be honest if you need the hand warmer, you should really get some better cold weather gear.
Chris what an awesome set of field sports, that certainly fill an empty belly on a winters day, nothing better than rabbit and pheasant stew and dumplings, good memories.

Last edited:
I have one of the Peacock hand-warmers and I think they are excellent. There is one minor gripe I have with them though. The wick, which will inevitably need replacing, as mine does now, are horrendously expensive for what they are. Almost as much as the hand-warmer itself - just for a tiny bit of flame-proof gauze!

It seems to me that the people who make/import them think that they've got you by the Betty Swallocks. I hate it when people think they have me by the Betty Swallocks. I'm just wondering if the Zippo wick will fit the Peacock.

It seems to me that the people who make/import them think that they've got you by the Betty Swallocks. I hate it when people think they have me by the Betty Swallocks. I'm just wondering if the Zippo wick will fit the Peacock.
you got a picture of the wick and i'll let you know.

It should...

zippo

Just ordered two for winter pike fishing. Last year I was so cold I couldn't tie my hooks. Hope these will do the job

I'm just wondering if the Zippo wick will fit the Peacock.

Yes they will and vice versa. Replacement Zippo items are relatively hard to come by but the Peacock ones are pretty easy to get. I've seen strong suggestions that Peacock make the handwarmers for Zippo. Thanks for the reminder though, I need some spares.;):D

Back