• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

It’s back !!

Was about to order some with 1K of F2 and the postage came to £12!
don’t think I’ll bother , I’m happy enough with the bait I'm using

You’ve selected next day delivery Kevin
It’s £7.95 standard delivery
I only have the next day option

IMG_0044.jpeg

ah right yeah must be at a certain weight.
That’s quite pricey

Have you used his stuff before Kevin.
No , although I’ve known about his baits since the eighties , I like to try different things just out of curiosity really and like the ethos that of quality over quantity .
I’m did really well on Hinders baits last season and I’ve stocked up again this year .
You get great deals with free shipping on over £25 or so . Plus good customer service, so I always feel like spending more money with them .

No , although I’ve known about his baits since the eighties , I like to try different things just out of curiosity really and like the ethos that of quality over quantity .
I’m did really well on Hinders baits last season and I’ve stocked up again this year .
You get great deals with free shipping on over £25 or so . Plus good customer service, so I always feel like spending more money with them .
I’ll send you something quite special Kevin.
Whats the volume of fish like where you go

Well the Wharfe is basically a runs water full of 3-6 pound fish
I fish the Yorkshire Derwent which can be hard going at times and the Yorkshire Ouse which apparently can be very moody for no apparent reason . There’s plenty of stock to go at in all three rivers .
Sounds very intriguing Rich , I’d love to give it a go and see what transpires

Hi, I'm intrigued by the inclusion of sweet potato on the list. How do you fish it?
I steam it first to soften it a bit, make sure it is not too soft, but start leaking the sweetness of the potato, cut into cube, leave it air dry over night. You can hair rig it or hook directly. Or make it very soft, mix it with bread to make a paste.

Well the Wharfe is basically a runs water full of 3-6 pound fish
I fish the Yorkshire Derwent which can be hard going at times and the Yorkshire Ouse which apparently can be very moody for no apparent reason . There’s plenty of stock to go at in all three rivers .
Sounds very intriguing Rich , I’d love to give it a go and see what transpires
You’ve sent me plenty of orders for stuff in the past Kev and my son adores that little 4000d you sold me that I’ve repaired so let me hook you up with a secret recipe that I use and cannot be obtained through normal channels.

Barbel absolutely love it and it’s something completely unique.

Pm incoming. 🤫

You’ve sent me plenty of orders for stuff in the past Kev and my son adores that little 4000d you sold me that I’ve repaired so let me hook you up with a secret recipe that I use and cannot be obtained through normal channels.

Pm incoming. 🤫
Well that will have us all intrigued 😂. But seriously though that is what is great about JB bait, experimenting and creating your own unique ‘label’ that others are unlikely using on your stretch👍 JB is also very open to discussing this and will advise against something he thinks may not work rather than just make a sale

Pm incoming. 🤫
Rich, your such a tease, let me know when the first batch is going on sale. 🤣

Rich, your such a tease, let me know when the first batch is going on sale. 🤣
I don’t sell it Derek I buy it. It’s just an old JB bait that I’ve learned to love and John keeps making up for me every now n then.
Not a wonder bait.
I’m just sending a little bit out to Kev that I’ve got going spare. No one is missing out I can assure you.
Watercraft beats bait 100:1 😉

I steam it first to soften it a bit, make sure it is not too soft, but start leaking the sweetness of the potato, cut into cube, leave it air dry over night. You can hair rig it or hook directly. Or make it very soft, mix it with bread to make a paste.
Thanks for this - one to play with during the new season. I do love to do something completely different and this seems to fall into that category.

Steve

I have just watched John Bakers video where he talks about Barbel Search 4. I am not a boilie maker, but John suggests it can be used to flavour paste, meat, etc.
Has anyone information of how to do this.
I am concerned because he talks about using very small amounts even when making a 6 egg mix. Do you just use a minute amount concentrated or do you dilute with water before adding to paste or spam.
Thanks for any advice you can give, before I order some.

I never knew that barbel were keen on roast dinners. Are they insistent for Yorkshire puds, even with roast chicken? For myself, Yorkshire only go with roast beef.

I have just watched John Bakers video where he talks about Barbel Search 4. I am not a boilie maker, but John suggests it can be used to flavour paste, meat, etc.
Has anyone information of how to do this.
I am concerned because he talks about using very small amounts even when making a 6 egg mix. Do you just use a minute amount concentrated or do you dilute with water before adding to paste or spam.
Thanks for any advice you can give, before I order some.
Hi @Mike Thompson, if you're flavouring meat then just put a couple of drops of flavour into a plastic bag and then rub the bag between your hands to smear the flavour all over the inner surface of the bag. Then cut your meat up into the size(s) you're going to use on the hook (plus any leftover small bits to use for feed), put all the meat into the plastic bag and shake it up well. Some reckon that the flavour will penetrate deeper into the meat if you freeze it, then thaw it ...and that freeze/thaw process will be true of any baits/pastes that does have some moisture/water in them.
With paste, just add a few drops to the dry mix, give it a good stir, then add whatever liquid you need to make a paste of usable consistency. The following kneading process should spread the flavour evenly through the paste.

Hi @Mike Thompson, if you're flavouring meat then just put a couple of drops of flavour into a plastic bag and then rub the bag between your hands to smear the flavour all over the inner surface of the bag. Then cut your meat up into the size(s) you're going to use on the hook (plus any leftover small bits to use for feed), put all the meat into the plastic bag and shake it up well. Some reckon that the flavour will penetrate deeper into the meat if you freeze it, then thaw it ...and that freeze/thaw process will be true of any baits/pastes that does have some moisture/water in them.
With paste, just add a few drops to the dry mix, give it a good stir, then add whatever liquid you need to make a paste of usable consistency. The following kneading process should spread the flavour evenly through the paste.
Many thanks Terry, I'll treat myself to a pot .

Back