• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Is it me? Is it real?

that looks a bit photoshoppy to me. more likely to be tigers round there than puma's, no?

:D:D:D

You have got a point though Dave, it all seems to be all a bit of a Northen 'thing'.

Apart from the Hull tigers (and now pumas :D) we have sightings of :-

Castleford Tigers, Catalans Dragons, Huddersfield Giants, Leeds Rhinos, Salford Red Devils, Wakefield Wildcats and Warrington Wolves :eek:

It does show I was right about rhinos, which is good, but that apart, that's an awful lot of great big hairy beasts running rampant up there isn't it :D

And, as you say, that puma picture has got more right to be called a photoshop than Jessops has :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Its reports like this that do the positive reports no good at all, its obviously been shopped and its ears are the wrong shape to be a puma, it a very strange colour. Some sad bu$$ers about.

I genuinely can't believe there are people who still don't believe there are big cats about.

I know too many people, along with myself, who have seen them for it to a blag. Open your eyes and your minds fellas and get your head out of the sand!

I genuinely can't believe there are people who still don't believe there are big cats about.

I know too many people, along with myself, who have seen them for it to a blag. Open your eyes and your minds fellas and get your head out of the sand!

You can't tell them Ben. ...to pig headed

Oh ye of little faith! Mark Dodd has just be posted on a new thread but thought that those who remembered this discussion may enjoy this evidence:

https://barbel.co.uk/site/vbulletin/forum/showthread.php?p=196681#post196681

If you haven't got facebook here's an alternative from Darryl Davis:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...kshire-field/?playlist=structure:news/uk-news

'Lynx like cat', but nothing like a Lynx is it, if they are going to make a story on this, they should at least check the facts.
Is this just another Big Cat Tail, Tale?:rolleyes:

I must admit that as a little lad I saw something big catty with my grandad. Initially we thought it was a Labrador, but it had a distinctly long tail. I remember they way it moved, like a cat. It was playing in a field margin like a kitten before clearing a five bar gate in a single bound. I cannot say for certain what it was but I know what I believed I saw. This was less than 15 years after the Dangerous wild animals act of 76, we weren't the first or last to see it either.
For those that doubt they could remain undetected there was a case of two lions lost from, I believe it was Edinburgh zoo. One was caught quickly, the other didn't turn up for seven years. Not sure on the accuracy of that though. More recently and actually documented was the loss of a Lynx from a Devon Zoo, that took three weeks to find with Drones, Helicopters with thermal imaging kit, that was a captive bred stupid one that they knew was missing. Imagine how difficult it would be to find ones that's lived wild and isn't known to be officially missing. Like chasing a shadow.
Not saying there's definitely stuff wondering around but I think it's highly likely that one or two "releases" have done ok since laws changed. I doubt they've bred though and are most probably all dead now.
People always think I'm pulling thier leg about Terrapins in the Stour and they are definitely there.

Its clearly a very large animal and the tail looks to long for a domestic cat, I hope its not near the village in Warwickshire that I live in.

Its clearly a very large animal and the tail looks to long for a domestic cat, I hope its not near the village in Warwickshire that I live in.

That's was taken about 5 mins from my sisters house, and 10 mins from mine...........
Just as well I'm on the trent this weekend

Back