• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Is it me? Is it real?

The tail is indeed very big and the spine has that curve of a heavier animal than a small domestic cat. Interesting stuff.

Yes this is how I see it, hard to pass it off as a domestic cat the rear legs look much more powerful than any domestic cat too. The guy that filmed it seemed to be very much in control of his emotions though, not the sort of reaction you would think in seeing a big cat in your garden!

I agree with Steven and Neil far too tall long and heavy kinda like a cheetah crossed with a leopard, (I don't think its possible) or could it be an escaped Keighley cougar ?

The guy that filmed it seemed to be very much in control of his emotions though, not the sort of reaction you would think in seeing a big cat in your garden!
Neil, the guy filming it has a young child in the room (you can hear him/her in the background) which may have led to some restraint on his part. :)

Still sceptical, one person gets a clear view and time to video it but no-one else is claiming to have seen it ?

Told you!!!! :p

I too am still sceptical, however I have always maintained that some big cats have probably escaped, but I am pretty convinced that they could not survive long, and most certainly not breed.
To film an escaped cat if that is what it is, changes nothing.

Neil, the guy filming it has a young child in the room (you can hear him/her in the background) which may have led to some restraint on his part. :)

Yes I did think that as well...but, why is it always such poor grainy images with all the high tech equipment that most own?

I have a friend who has a Maine Coone, and a Rag doll cat, OK, they are both big compared to normal domestics, but they could never be confused with a "real" big cat, such as a leopard or a cougar.
The cat in that short clip on the above post must be something big, judging by its posture and tail it is far bigger than any Maine Coone .

David.

I have a friend who has a Maine Coone, and a Rag doll cat, OK, they are both big compared to normal domestics, but they could never be confused with a "real" big cat, such as a leopard or a cougar.
The cat in that short clip on the above post must be something big, judging by its posture and tail it is far bigger than any Maine Coone .

David.

All the photos and vids Iv seen of huge domestic/pet cats look nothing like some of the footage Iv seen of big cats supposedly in U.K. This latest vid is blatantly not a domestic cat. Iv never seen one in the wild personally but do believe they could easily be out there. Iv heard stories off my farmer mate that could only really be explained by big cat or aliens lol

Agree Jon, strange things out there,not exactly sure about aliens though ,but there are some funny folk walking around Hebden Bridge ( google it ) that just may qualify. :eek:

Dave

Still not convinced - where is the follow up news, surely police etc will have been out to find this cat as if it is a 'big cat' it will be deemed as dangerous.

There is a new breed of large domestic cat with interesting markings that is now the largest breeed..https://www.omlet.co.uk/breeds/cats/savannah/

Maximum weight quoted for the breed on your link is 10kg, the video animal looks heavier and bigger than that, 10kg really isn't that heavy my Bull Terrier is not the biggest but weighs in at 28 kgs.

Maximum weight quoted for the breed on your link is 10kg, the video animal looks heavier and bigger than that, 10kg really isn't that heavy my Bull Terrier is not the biggest but weighs in at 28 kgs.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it that breed of cat, just that there are some big domestic cats out there.

So what other than a big domestic cat would you hazard a guess that it might be?

Back