• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Humminbird

The service from Humminbird is woeful - this is part of teh exchange I had with them a few years ago - they won - I gave up!

Hi Deborah

Thanks for the update.

Firstly, I am concerned at the cost of repair @ $48.95 each when I can purchase them new for $24.95 - how do you justify this cost?

Secondly I have three failed units purchased from the 'Mountguys' which are within their six month warranty and a further three which have failed after similar minimal usage, but purchased last year. Your shipping charge of $60 plus an estimated $40 on my side would mean a total of $100 for the replacement of the three sensors under warranty - again it would be cheaper to buy new ones!

As I am sure you can appreciate, these failures have cost me a significant amount of time and inconvenience, demonstrating a woeful level of reliability that I would not expect from such a reputable company. Can I therefore ask that we meet halfway, and as a gesture of good will, you agree to replace all six of the defective devices?

Regards

Paul.

Andy, dont buy one, borrow mine.

Ben is having it first, but your more than welcome to have it after him..... all I need to do is get a replacement sensor.... so I'll see how Mart gets on with his and order one if they look ok....

Steve
:cool: Thanks Steve ... if I can get it off Ben! :rolleyes:

Got to give the guys their due, the new sensor arrived yesterday!

Its bigger than a standard sensor by a good 50% but doesn`t feel like it weighs too much more. I can`t see it being an issue.

ed7512d5.jpg

When I saw the piccy on eBay I did wonder if the round bit on top of the sensor was the battery holder.....I`m pleased to say that it is! The sensor comes with a spare washer too.

1c1aab3c.jpg

Battery fitting is simple and secure and definitely gives these a plus point over the originals.

c3f81fc8.jpg

As it only arrived yesterday I`ve not been able to give it a run but decided to fill the sink and see if it was giving a signal. This is where things went backwards! For some reason it wasn`t `talking` to the receiver. I flipped the battery just in case but with the same result. The oddest thing is that the `broken` sensor registered immediately!

Now, this could be one of two things, either the sensor and the receiver aren`t compatable (the frequency range is correct though) or it could be what I hope, a duff battery.

Somewhere hiding away in a drawer are a few new 2032 batteries. Hopefully I can find`em and give the sensor another whirly.

I had to change the channel on the receiver so that it picked up the sensor, it will work!!

If you are using it with a UK model, switch your receiver to channel B

How do you do that guys????

In the settings....
When you turn on the hummingbird you can switch between start up or settings using the buttons, all models differ but would have thought pretty much the same.
Once into settings you should find the option for channel and then just toggle to channel B....Simples;)

Cheers Jason, I`ll have a look tonight:D

Hi guys. I have also got the rf10e hummingbird. I dont know about the foreign sensors but the u.k one states that the sensor needs water of at least 2ft to register on the reciever, as for contacting them i live in Chorley lancs and when i was having problems with the reciever i took mine into my local tackle shop Ted Carters of Preston Lancs and they had to send it away to Holland i think hence why you cannot find u.k contacts.
It was returned with a new screen at a cost of £80 .The one you guys have sourced is brilliant if it is compatable with u.k monitor i will have to invest in one.Another point regarding battery life, if the unit is left in the garden shed with the cold weather it will drain the battery quicker.As for the 8 batteries for the unit i bought 4 rechargable ones with charger and the extra 4 from Tesco for about £10 quid. Hope this helps.;)

Keep thinking about getting one of these guys....

Ste remember the ruck I caused when asking whether these were any good about 2 years ago:D

Anyhow - do you guys use the wrist version/version connected to rod or some other type - how easy is it to draw the sonar back slowly whilst trying to look at your wrist/receiver?

As advised I switched the channel and now seem to have a perfectly working sensor with a replaceable battery for £16!

Cheers guys:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

oops.feel a bit of a numpty.got home from fishing and had another look at it.didn.t have the battery in right.tested in a water but and seems to work ok now.phew.

Back