• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Humminbird

Martyn Lloyd

Despite a fair bit of time searching around the `net I have failed to find any contact details for Humminbird UK (if they even exist).

This year I have replaced a sender unit which lasted 2 hours before packing up. The replacement has now packed up:mad: The units are dried after use and kept in a bag with silica to make sure it stays away from moisture.

The original unit that came with the RF10e lasted ages so I`m a bit miffed that despite bunging an extra tenner on the new sensors that their quoted life of 500 hours I can manage two at the very most................

So, I need to send this one back to Humminbird rather than the supplier to get them to explain whats going on! Has anyone got any contact for them please?

I think they have a place in Holland, which might be European HQ.

Not sure how much help this is, I might phone my Dutch mate for you, he is sponsored by them.

If I find anything i will let you know.

Tight lines mate.

Cheers Keith, I appreciate it.

I`ll have another hunt when I get back from fishing (just off down the Severn for a dabble!)

Martyn.
Is it the replacement sensor you are after? If so, I use the copy ones from Hong Kong, much cheaper and you can remove the battery. I'd never buy a 'humminbird' replacement. Question. Do you have the green sender or yellow/orange one?

David, Dave, its the orange sensor. I didn`t realise that there were hooky ones on the market?!

Still want to send this back to Humminbird though, I`m pretty miffed at spending £40 on something that lasts 498 hours less than its supposed to!

Dave - I would be very interested in finding out where you get the 'clone' versions from!

I have found the device invaluable - but the reliability of these transmitters is a joke - I now have a collection of around 8 of them - of which I would guess only two gave me anywhere near 20 hours of usage let alone 500 hrs. All are scrupulously dried after use and their operation checked with a mates unit.

Worse was the response from Humminbird US - where I have purchased them - who wanted a repair / shipping charge of over £40 each!

Regards
Paul aka 'the Lurker'

With the orange (uk) sensors you can select a night mode which makes a red light flash inside them - rubbish idea IMO.
But when the sensor packs up (usually after a couple of outings) you can still engage the night mode.
Conclusion - the battery inside the unit is fine but it just stops sending a signal.

Like Paul I too have a collection of orange sensors.

Purchased a green (usa) version at a car boot. Worked for two casts then packed up. A mate got me another sender from Bass Pro whilst on holiday in the states. It works at the mo, but I'm not holding my breath.

Isn't it about time we saw a Drennan or Korda one? :cool: :p

Isn't it about time we saw a Drennan or Korda one? :cool: :p

I don't think a Korda clone is on Dave, 'cos everything Danny markets has to start with a 'K'.....hence he would be trying to place a product called a Kumminbird :eek:

I can envisage a rather amusing alarm sound which would be entirely appropriate as a sound emanating from a kumminbird...just not sure the censor would pass it :p

Cheers, Dave.

I also have had the same problems with the sonar to the point that i took one apart and checked the battery, the battery was perfect and as someone else stated it must just stop transmitting......cr*p:mad:
I also brought one of the transmitters from Hong Kong and they are spot on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gauntlett
I don't think a Korda clone is on Dave, 'cos everything Danny markets has to start with a 'K'.....hence he would be trying to place a product called a Kumminbird

Closest I would get...!

I don't think a Korda clone is on Dave, 'cos everything Danny markets has to start with a 'K'.....hence he would be trying to place a product called a Kumminbird

Thats made my day:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Has anyone got any links to the hooky versions?

Despite a fair bit of time searching around the `net I have failed to find any contact details for Humminbird UK (if they even exist).

This year I have replaced a sender unit which lasted 2 hours before packing up. The replacement has now packed up:mad: The units are dried after use and kept in a bag with silica to make sure it stays away from moisture.

The original unit that came with the RF10e lasted ages so I`m a bit miffed that despite bunging an extra tenner on the new sensors that their quoted life of 500 hours I can manage two at the very most................

So, I need to send this one back to Humminbird rather than the supplier to get them to explain whats going on! Has anyone got any contact for them please?

Similar experience. I tried to replace the battery on my original unit which ended in disaster, I followed some useful guidance notes on the internet but unfortunately the instructions omitted one key step. Purchased a new transmitter and this didn't work, so assumed that the receiver was at fault. Fortunately, I haven't scrapped the lot and it would be really interesting to tly out a Hong Kong made tlansmitter. There would certainly be a market for refurbishing transmitters. Thirty quid or so for the transmitter unit is outrageous. The idea of the Smartcast setup is good, the design, dreadful.

had the same problem.replaced 2 of there things.pile of #*#*.would like to try the Hong Kong version.was very useful finding depressions in the river.

Same experience as everyone else, got through 3 of them in double quick time, a mate who likes to take this sort of stuff apart had a look inside the last one, battery fine, sensor needed reattaching. Hard to seal back up though.

Would be interested in the bootleg versions, can't see anything on fleabay. Any pointers anyone?

Same experience as everyone else, got through 3 of them in double quick time, a mate who likes to take this sort of stuff apart had a look inside the last one, battery fine, sensor needed reattaching. Hard to seal back up though.

Would be interested in the bootleg versions, can't see anything on fleabay. Any pointers anyone?

By the sound of that Stewart, it would seem that the electronics are just not built/assembled robustly enough to withstand the impact as the thing hits the water. May well be that if the electronics were encased in resin or similar after assembly, the thing would then last for years :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

By the sound of that Stewart, it would seem that the electronics are just not built/assembled robustly enough to withstand the impact as the thing hits the water. May well be that if the electronics were encased in resin or similar after assembly, the thing would then last for years :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

don't talk common sense,:D
it needs to be robust.:confused:

Back