• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

head torch

I found 2 types of energiser lights one with a on/off switch which means you have to toggle through 4 settings to turn it off :rolleyes: The other is a simple left to right switch both have white and red I know which one I prefer..

Brian

Indeed.

I just bought the 7 LED Energizer to compliment my 6 LED one and guess what, it too has a single button which toggles through the modes :(

Have they changed the design or is there another model I am missing from my collection?!

Stephen

Indeed.

I just bought the 7 LED Energizer to compliment my 6 LED one and guess what, it too has a single button which toggles through the modes :(

Have they changed the design or is there another model I am missing from my collection?!

Stephen
I have the one with the left and right sliding button which is much better for turning on and off, but each colour has only one led so it's not very bright. It's a few years old now so they may not make it any more.

I have the one with the left and right sliding button which is much better for turning on and off, but each colour has only one led so it's not very bright. It's a few years old now so they may not make it any more.

They still do them, I find them perfect for coarse fishing. You can also now get them with two white led's (no red) of different intensities, the brighter one for making your way along the bank in the dark etc and the dimmer for baiting up and closer to hand jobs.

Last edited:
1st in line

Ill see what I can do lads it's all good when you have a Key to the Stores :)

Do a Deal on a Day Ticket Here :)

you still owe me for a day ticket mon;)

drop mine off before the rabble as I don't want to have to bar you from entering village mon;)

I have a cree flat plate led I have to say its the brightest head torch ive ever had at £22 absolute bargain have a look on ebay

Got two of these:
Alpkit Manta
Dimmable Cree, focus, blue and green single LED and 2 reds. £15 including batteries and delivery - very nice. Available in colours - Cactus, Steel Grey and Jaffa.

Spec:
XP-C Cree L.E.D. 100 Lumens Max
30mm adjustable headband
Smooth dimming control of main beam brightness 100%-10%
Focusable main beam
Emergency strobe mode
Pivotable head unit
Compact design, 63mm x 50mm x 44mm
3x AAA Duracell batteries included
Weight : 108gms (including batteries)
Burn Time 7hrs / 150hrs (Max/Min Power)
IPX4 Water resistant - Do not immerse in water