• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Great Ebay/Internet deals deals.....

When I first looked it was on a buy it now for 25 quid. Obviously not enough of a bargain at that for someone. I wonder if it'll go for more that that now someone has started bidding.

Ah....I see. Odd though, because I recently read that one of the things you can't do now is alter the duration or type of sale once it is started :confused:

If past history is anything to go by Chris, it will now probably go for more than the shop retail price :D

Cheers, Dave.

Here's one for the longer stay anglers amongst us. Veho Pebble.
At that price I was tempted to get one, but I think the two I already have is enough.

Wychwood solace 60" hd brolly/shelter

Angling direct doing these at the moment for £105 with free delivery. Great price normally £130 and a fantastic bit of kit

I believe they are a decent cheap deal for a specimen starter £30 delivered is very cheap.

kevden45 | eBay

Can't speak for the other bits and bobs, but the curve shank hooks are pretty good so far. (Before anyone suggests it, I don't know the seller and have no vested interest).

kevden45 | eBay

Can't speak for the other bits and bobs, but the curve shank hooks are pretty good so far. (Before anyone suggests it, I don't know the seller and have no vested interest).

Chris, you know what a plank I am at researching items, so no doubt it will be me again....but I am having problems sorting that hook add out :eek:

The four different photo's in the add are....well, not....they are the same photo four times stuck on a different background. And...he talks about his 'range' of hooks...and to be fair, the four hooks in the photo are all distinctly different models, so fine. However....when you click on the 'choose' button, the only option offered is for the size you require....I can't see a model option?

Not only that, when you go into 'other items', there is only one hook type on offer, the one he calls 'ultra gape'....which looks surprisingly like a standard wide gape to me :D

Judging by your comments, you have tried these hooks, so....what exactly did you order?

Cheers, Dave.

Chris, you know what a plank I am at researching items, so no doubt it will be me again....but I am having problems sorting that hook add out :eek:

The four different photo's in the add are....well, not....they are the same photo four times stuck on a different background. And...he talks about his 'range' of hooks...and to be fair, the four hooks in the photo are all distinctly different models, so fine. However....when you click on the 'choose' button, the only option offered is for the size you require....I can't see a model option?

Not only that, when you go into 'other items', there is only one hook type on offer, the one he calls 'ultra gape'....which looks surprisingly like a standard wide gape to me :D

Judging by your comments, you have tried these hooks, so....what exactly did you order?

Cheers, Dave.

It would appear that he's only got the "Ultra Gape" model listed in two sizes at the moment (along with a few other bits and bobs).

It's his "Extreme Curve" hooks that I've given a go in both size 6 and 8. The link is to his own website. I gave the ebay shop earlier as I suspected that folks would be more comfortable buying that way than from a random website, I know I am.;)

Those ultra gape look like favourite hook the Teflon rapier.

Hmmm...apart from the barb (I fish barbless only club waters) they also look identical to my favourite hooks. Why is there ALWAYS a snag (or in this case, a barb :D) when it comes to my fishing :D

I use either the teflon coated ESP curve shanx, or even the eye wateringly expensive Korda Kaptor curve shanks. The latter are only an occasional luxury because of the expense....but they are SO sharp. I suspect that the new Ace Razor sharp are the same hooks, but again 'orribly expensive. The older Gardner Mugga are similar...but I find the angle of the eye seems to vary with those.

Each version will have it's advocates who swear they are the best EVER...but that's fishing, isn't it. Be interesting to know how many hook manufacturers there really are...and how many of these are actually the same hooks...the packaging/price being the only differences :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back