• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Grayling

As I keep telling everyone who comes Grayling fishing with me" Unless you weigh it you will never know as grayling are so difficult to judge weight for". Weigh it then you will be in no doubt then ;)

I agree with you George, thought I'd done another '3' today but when weighed he only went 2.14 but still a lovely fish though:)

Didn't take a photo mate as I had to wade just to get to the river:( so I thought by the time I p-ssed about with the weighing it had been messed about enough so put it back;)

Thanks Graham:D

Will,
I am fortunate enough to have access to a small stretch of the Dorset Frome that has produced a number of 3+ers for me up to 3.4:) and lots of fish around the same weight as the 2.14 so rest assured that if I can get to the water this winter and fish comfortably I will keep you informed (with pics) of any clonkers;)

Keith

Hi Keith, yes I was with Peter Reading when I had my pb on the Frome. Lovely bit of water. Also had a salmon, bit coloured at around (guessing...)14lb. .

Graham

Nice fish graham;)

I am surprised that I haven't had any Sea Trout so far, especially with all the extra water:confused:

But you are right , it is a lovely bit of water;)

keith

Spent a day on the Test yesterday. River ridiculously high. Grayling were shoaled up very tight and would not vary on the line in which they were prepared to take a bait.
Was a bit of a struggle to be honest but I winkled out a 2 right at the end.
Also a Salmon said hello but unhooked in the net, a guess at 7lb.

River Test grayling fishing available

Hi all,
if anyone's interested in some awesome grayling fishing on a prolific beat of the River Test please pm me. Two pound plus fish are definitely on the cards! Bookings are for a maximum of 3 anglers. The access is easy, it's beautifully maintained, and it's full of fish.

On another beat there's also some superb roach fishing available. Two pound plus roach are present. again pm me for details.

thanks, Tim

red letter or should that be red maggot day yesturday with the grayling!
got to the river just after dinner time, poured a cup of tea and fed a few maggots into my swim. first run down i got a fish wich gave me some confidence. i then caught prety much every run down with the odd bumped fish and one or two coming off aswel. i got to 20 before the swim died so i moved downsstrem and repeated the process. i soon got to 25 so set myself a target of 50.
they carried on coming till i reached 45 then that swim dried up so i headed back to my first swim for the last half hour. the light faided fast and i couldnt get a bite but a swap to white maggot brought 4 quick fish! the last one was a struggle with two lost fish and the light almost gone, all could do was run the float down and strike every few seconds, this worked and i made it to my target. certainly kept me warm on a cold day!

Where you on the Nidd Karl? Had the pleasure of spending a day on there last year with Chris Lythe, though the river was badly coloured and not ideal conditions it is a lovely river to fish.

Has anyone fished Timsbry recently? My brother and I were thinking of a trip one day next week and just wondered if anyone knew how its been fishing? And what the river levels are like!

I will give them a bell and ask, but I thought some of you guys may have a bit of first hand info!

Never fished the stretch before but I absolutely love trotting and fancy having a crack at Grayling!

Thanks in advance!

Matt

A couple of venue bps for me this year. 2lb 4oz off the tees...

P1020568_zps9663b020.jpg

1lb 5oz river swale

P1020534_zps6f37d791.jpg

Bring on the frost!

A few hours trotting on the Dee yesterday, fish were hard to find as it was up about 18". Finished up with 8, most around 12-14ozs and a best one of 1.02, very good fights from all of them in the strong current.

Back