• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Glueing Elips...

Glueing pellets

Gotta say, I'm in the Graham Elliot school of glueing on either side of the hair and although I cannot claim 7 on one pair or pellets, I think I have had 3! Funny that I was with Graham at the time, his luck must rub off! LOL:):):)

Last edited:
Paul, aren't you the author of a thread about how poorly the Trent is/has been fishing, maybe that tells you a tale therein, or not ? ?

Weeds gone now Colin. Believe me the river was virtually unfishable. No amount of faffing about could stop weed dragging the rod in. Even float fishing or rolling meat made no difference. The river was thick with it.

Anyway back to the topic of glueing pellets. It's worked for me for the last 5/6 years (or is it longer graham) so if it ain't broke I won't try and fix it.

Each to their own though.

Last edited:
Put a loop in your hair rig and then band the two flat sides together. Are you using a glue that reacts in water? I.E - Bonds when wet? It does sound like you are using the wrong glue for the job mate.

I've had 5 on the same glued pellet up on the Wye!

Back