• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Glueing Elips...

I can brag four from a flyer on the Severn!!!!Not big though between 3 and 5lbs.
The only time I tie a loop now is if I intend switching baits. Otherwise it's just a straight hair. You don't get that gungy mess that they leave when you take them off, and you only need a drop of glue on one pellett.
Came home one night with four pellets stuck firmly to my jeans!!!!!! 13 stone plus has to be a good catch.
Graham you taught me a few years ago and it still works.

Paul

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Feel slightly silly now having read everyones straightforward solutions! Will have a crack at it tonight...cheers again.

Andreas - maybe it was just bad superglue. I bought some from a pound shop a while ago and the pellets would not stick. Not all Superglue is Super it seems!

Matt

I use 'pound shop' super glue, and it still works for me. In fact, the biggest problem I have is getting the bludgers off if you decide on a bait change :D

Mind you, I do use the loop tied in the hair as Graham does...but I agree this method does leave a mess on the hair, meaning a right faff about if you do want a change :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

It was on the Wye...........................last season.

2 x 10ml superglued elips will stay on unless you have the chub to worry about. The water temp doesn't need to be too high either.

I don't know why everyone makes somethings so difficult. I tie a hair loop as it gives longer purchase to the glue, and glue the elips (flattest side as said) by placing one on the bait lid, add a drop of Superglue, place loop on, put a drop on the other pellet, add it and press down till fairly stuck.

Pick up and press between forefinger and thumb for approx 20 secs. Done.

You can also superglue small groups of pellets and leaving gaps on the hair sometimes fools the big girls.

Neil, dont be in awe I am only Human

I'm claiming the record. Unless........................

;)

For single, large pellets I've occasionaly been trying this set up - http://www.fishforcarp.com/html/pellethairrig.htm.
You need a detachable hooklength but it's pretty good in the right situations.

You don't need to have a detachable hooklength to make this work, tie a large loop on the hair, thread through pellet and then double back over the pellet. Been using this method for years with Elips and other pellets, works best with soft braid.

Isn't it funny how some people talk about delicate bait presentation, ultra fine hairs, nigh on invisible flouro and what do we do, take a length of braid or mono and glue tp pellets to it. Nothing fancy or delicate about it, and I'll bet that we catch as many fish as those who do what I call 'faff' about.

Paul

;)

I usually glue one on the bottom to hold both together better l also glue them on a hair..
Most times l do it at home just stick a lead on and out...usually biteless :D
Always get the cheaper glue most named brands l find dont work as good..

Cheers

Isn't it funny how some people talk about delicate bait presentation, ultra fine hairs, nigh on invisible flouro and what do we do, take a length of braid or mono and glue tp pellets to it. Nothing fancy or delicate about it, and I'll bet that we catch as many fish as those who do what I call 'faff' about.

Paul

Paul, aren't you the author of a thread about how poorly the Trent is/has been fishing, maybe that tells you a tale therein, or not ? ?

Last edited:
Back