• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Frenzy.

Well the guy just got back to me and I am now an official field tester:D
I am awaiting the first samples and will happily 'clean up' on all the barbel in the Severn Catchment...:p

Watch This Space:cool:

Neil that was a bit underhand:eek: Can only wish you well though:)

Neil that was a bit underhand:eek: Can only wish you well though:)

Well to be honest I didn't expect to get a reply let alone an offer to test, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I have been around long enough to treat such claims with a huge amount of disdain, so looks like he will be getting a very sceptical 'field tester', just need to find some barbel.:)

Normal procedure like those in the Fishing Rags then Neil.

You will be on results based pay. Get those old photo's out.....

By the sounds of it Neil, they will come looking for you.... Watch out next time you lift the toilet seat......

Steve

:D:D:D classic

On the off chance that they are not to be found in the loo, try smearing the miracle bait on the inside of your weigh sling, lower it into the river using your landing net pole then lift it up now and then like a drop net. Don't leave it in too long though, because it may damage the fish if you try weighing 'em in more than three at a time :D

The encouraging part is that at least it seems to be true that this is a natural product. I gather that it is not yet possible to synthesize a hormone. At least I think that's what my mate meant....he can be a tad cryptic at times. What he actually said was that the only way to make a hormone was to run off without paying her.............

Cheers, Dave.

I wont have time to weigh them Dave, I will be making a rough estimate in tonnes only. Anyway I am in a bit of rock and a hard place here, as much as I am I fond of you all on here ,am I to publish my huge catches and new river records on here? You all know I am not one to seek Kudos and fame for my barbel exploits:p

Besides it has been a pretty poor period since I have discovered how to put up a picture on here, and the only catches of note I have had recently, apart from three reasonable chub was 30 odd Gudgeon from Pershore:(
Not odd in the sense they were strange Dave, just a rough estimate:)

So, I feel at this time a bit dirty, I have sold out, I have finally succumbed to the lure of the temptress that is Ms Sponsorship, or can some tired old Angler have one last fling before he finally ...:eek:

Can you forgive?

Yes go for it Neil loose yourself in the praises that will be heaped upon you and the high esteem that you will be held in:)

:)Hugo

I dont mind digging out wasp nests for the grubs but i draw the line at that:eek: far to dangerous for me......

I wont have time to weigh them Dave, I will be making a rough estimate in tonnes only. Anyway I am in a bit of rock and a hard place here, as much as I am I fond of you all on here ,am I to publish my huge catches and new river records on here? You all know I am not one to seek Kudos and fame for my barbel exploits:p

Besides it has been a pretty poor period since I have discovered how to put up a picture on here, and the only catches of note I have had recently, apart from three reasonable chub was 30 odd Gudgeon from Pershore:(

So, I feel at this time a bit dirty, I have sold out, I have finally succumbed to the lure of the temptress that is Ms Sponsorship, or can some tired old Angler have one last fling before he finally ...:eek:

Can you forgive?

I forgive you Neil....providing I get exclusive rights to all information on your catches if it proves to be successful, followed with a partnership to buy the guy out :p

Sadly, I have to own up to the fact that while I am waiting for the good news....I are mostly not holding my breath :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

I forgive you Neil....providing I get exclusive rights to all information on your catches if it proves to be successful, followed with a partnership to buy the guy out :p

Sadly, I have to own up to the fact that while I am waiting for the good news....I are mostly not holding my breath :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Neither am I Dave, but I am committed to at least trying the product, of course it will have to be a controlled test of the additive both with and without the additive and testing the results.

I suppose we all do that sort of thing with baits, I did last season with Sonubaits soft pellet hookers, and out of the three flavours I only had fish on the Hemp and Hallibut the Cheesy Garlic and Spicy Sausage bombed.

I of course submitted my findings to Sonubaits, they thanked me and that was all....not even an offer of a free baseball hat, sod 'em:(

Of course I will give you the option of a buy out of Barbel Magic, and more than happy for you to fund it, I would also like to continue with further product testings, I am sure we could negotiate a satisfactory salary plus bonus deal? :)

Can you forgive?

Judas

Neither am I Dave, but I am committed to at least trying the product, of course it will have to be a controlled test of the additive both with and without the additive and testing the results.

I suppose we all do that sort of thing with baits, I did last season with Sonubaits soft pellet hookers, and out of the three flavours I only had fish on the Hemp and Hallibut the Cheesy Garlic and Spicy Sausage bombed.

I of course submitted my findings to Sonubaits, they thanked me and that was all....not even an offer of a free baseball hat, sod 'em:(

Of course I will give you the option of a buy out of Barbel Magic, and more than happy for you to fund it, I would also like to continue with further product testings, I am sure we could negotiate a satisfactory salary plus bonus deal? :)

Are we talking 'Bankers style' salary and bonus here Neil, or more something that rhymes with that term :p

Cheers, Dave.

Back