• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Frenzy.

he is from wigan only thing were good at is making pies :D its the gravy out of a peppered steak pie

quality

ive been using it as aftershave,never had results like this before im worn out:D better have some more pies to keep me going:eek:,just going for forty winks now!

Seem to remember (old guy talk!) there was a product that created a stir around 8 years ago. Forget the name of it but it was pushed heavily and had a number of versions (coarse, carp etc). Realtively expensive as well. Was supposed to work wonders (the usual wonder pheromone type ingredients) but tended not to in my experience. Could be used as a label but wonder catches - Nope. Possibly because I'm a rubbish angler. Disappeared into obscurity around a year or two later.
Anybody remember the name?

Cheers
Bob

Blimey - It's so good that some fella in America is catching the European chub over there. Serious pulling power!

Seem to remember (old guy talk!) there was a product that created a stir around 8 years ago. Forget the name of it but it was pushed heavily and had a number of versions (coarse, carp etc). Realtively expensive as well. Was supposed to work wonders (the usual wonder pheromone type ingredients) but tended not to in my experience. Could be used as a label but wonder catches - Nope. Possibly because I'm a rubbish angler. Disappeared into obscurity around a year or two later.

Cheers
Bob

Ultrabite.

Was a novice carp angler at the time and only ever caught on the days that I didn't use it.

Cheers
Bob

Bob were they the small vials, which were species specific?

Yep, Ultrabite - that's it. Small 2.5ml poly vials - 10 to the pack and some species specific.
Well done Folks,
Cheers
Bob

Perfumes

Now you know why all the barbel around the country have been dissapearing - it's not otters or anything like that - it's some nutcase from Wigan boiling them down to extract their feeding pheromone! :eek:

Haulin

I've been using it for a while now, and it's got to the stage where if any of the other local rods see my car in the carpark, they just go home. Such is the pulling power of the bait, I caught a known fish a fortnight ago which my mate had caught the night before at 8oz heavier and 4 miles downstream. Unfortunately I caught it on my first cast, otherwise it would no doubt have been a lot heavier after gorging itself on my bait to the point of exploding. Arm aching stuff.

Nick C

I dont know lads i put you onto a winner and this is your reaction.....

I used to use the ultrabite carp in my match fishing days, and was convinced it gave me an edge in the warmer months. Especially around spring when the carp were spawning. I squirted it on to my feed pellets and cupped a load in at the start of a match. I can't say i ever emptied the lake though using it! :rolleyes:

There you go Ultrabite! an inferior product even.........I remember you guys acting exactly the same all those years ago when i told you about luncheon meat:)

Known throughout the trade as Ultra****e. :D

Known throughout the trade as Ultra****e. :D

Damn, you guys in the trade can be so cynical and cruel :mad: There was this guy, trying to earn an honest buck........................:p:D:p

Mind you, if they were still going and saw what the filter had done to your post, they would probably claim in their adds that you had given it four stars :p

Cheers, Dave.

Back