• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Floats

Andrew Burt

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone I really hope you enjoy using them! I didn’t want to start a company to take over the float world, just simply to get what I wanted and cover the cost. Most anglers collect be it floats, reels, rods, lures etc, we are as Brian says drawn to it. It’s just I took a punt out of frustration and became the owner of over 1500 new floats, I didn’t tell my wife….. I have been having some enjoyment posting them off and have had some great feedback. I’ll take everyone’s needs in mind and have a few new prototypes in the pipeline to cover various niches such as a ‘Stumpy’ big float for very shallow water and a bigger Big Float. Another I looked at over 15 years ago and never progressed were improved stick floats. I’ll look at smaller sizes as others have mentioned. Feed me your needs and we can see if we can do something to sort them!

Thanks Andy

Simon Archer

Senior Member & Supporter
If you could make some of these, I'd be very happy.

IMG_1674.JPG

Huanzhou Zhu

Maybe it is just me, I prefer the floats with multi colour tip, better bite detection and can adjust the depth more accurately.

Andrew Burt

I agree, I think multi coloured would often make things worse. I ca see a two colour might help at times for instance 1/2 orange, 1/2 black. Being interchangeable you can of course stick in whatever you fancy or adapt to suit

Huanzhou Zhu

If you're trotting them 40 yards plus down a river ( which is what they're designed for ) I doubt that a multi coloured tip would make much difference
I agree, I think multi coloured would often make things worse. I ca see a two colour might help at times for instance 1/2 orange, 1/2 black. Being interchangeable you can of course stick in whatever you fancy or adapt to suit
Yes and No, I agree in general they will not make much difference. From my own experience, with different lighting and water condition, sometimes you can not see the float clearly. With multi colour, especially red, yellow, orange and black, the situation improved a lot, that's why I like it.

David Clewer

Received my batch this morning too. They are excellent and I will endeavour to put them to good use in the coming months. Quality product at a sensible price and with great service too - perhaps you should go into business Andy!

Dave

Simon Burt

My set arrived this morning. Many thanks Andy. They look a serious bit of kit. Hoping to use one to guide some bread towards a roach next weekend.