• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flask?

im taking up brass rubbing instead:
not a bad hobby..............:D

not a good one either :D

i use asda,s own brand metal flask. the one with the screw in stopper, not the one with the push button on the top. ( there cr*p ). i fill my flask with boiling water, just before i go to work at 6 pm, and its still nearer hot than warm at 3 am. the missus gets me packets of nescafe ready to use coffee cups, like the ones that vending machines dispense. 25 cups in a pack for £2.00. from Widnes market. Bargain. :)

David, Clive; thanks for the info. I now have now been out and bought three camo flasks (just in case I hook into a river carp - I want to look the real deal!) and a new fendi camo bag (to share with my lovely wife). I bought these on the internet by the way, my local tackle shop did not have anything - completely useless :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am now looking at my new flasks and am unsure what is the best sort of tea or coffee to put in...should I go for instant coffee or proper coffee. Tea bags or loose leaf? What brand of tea/coffee should I use?

I am beginning to think this fishing lark is far too complicated....any suggestions on another pastime/sport/hobby?

David, Clive; thanks for the info. I now have now been out and bought three camo flasks (just in case I hook into a river carp - I want to look the real deal!) and a new fendi camo bag (to share with my lovely wife). I bought these on the internet by the way, my local tackle shop did not have anything - completely useless :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am now looking at my new flasks and am unsure what is the best sort of tea or coffee to put in...should I go for instant coffee or proper coffee. Tea bags or loose leaf? What brand of tea/coffee should I use?

I am beginning to think this fishing lark is far too complicated....any suggestions on another pastime/sport/hobby?

Sigh! Some people want you to put the teabag on the spoon for them :rolleyes:

David, Clive; thanks for the info. I now have now been out and bought three camo flasks (just in case I hook into a river carp - I want to look the real deal!)

Remember when on the bank to set your flasks up with all 3 handles pointing in the same direction otherwise you'll look a right noddy. :D

i find that thermos steel flask, the dumpy wide neck ones that you can put a meal in keeps my drink hotter than the many others i have or had,
as for the poor guy asking a civil question whats so wrong with that, or did some of the guys quick to moan never ever had to learn:rolleyes:
nothing wrong in asking and even less wrong in answering, remember guys
we are all equal here

i find that thermos steel flask, the dumpy wide neck ones that you can put a meal in keeps my drink hotter than the many others i have or had,
as for the poor guy asking a civil question whats so wrong with that, or did some of the guys quick to moan never ever had to learn:rolleyes:
nothing wrong in asking and even less wrong in answering, remember guys
we are all equal here

You are quite right in your 'moaners' comments John, and similar criticisms have already been levelled at the perpetrators more than once. However, the rest of us have made our recommendations on flask choice earlier, and having done so, have now descended into some gentle banter which is in no way aimed at the original poster at all. It's perhaps a tad naughty, but it is harmless fun....and something to do in this horrendous weather :p

Cheers, Dave.

Sigh! Some people want you to put the teabag on the spoon for them :rolleyes:

Remember when on the bank to set your flasks up with all 3 handles pointing in the same direction otherwise you'll look a right noddy. :D

Spoon? What do you mean spoon? No-one has mentioned a spoon before....plastic, wooden, stainless steel, silver? Do they come in camo??? How big? Are we talking tea spoon or ladle or somewhere in between??? Also if there is a tea spoon why isnt there a coffee spoon??

Is there a three flask "pod" on the market to keep the flask handles straight?

This is getting really complicated and expensive. Who started this thread? I am very close to leaving the forum and going to Gudgeon Fishing World.....

sorry guys,

IMHO. its another thread thats a complete load of tosh ! just go to the supermarket and buy another flask. :confused:

Its like asking whats the best thing to wipe your backside on after youve had a poo.!!

Steve, as a senior member you should know better.

utterly pointless

BSC

Forgot to add to my post I use Tesco super soft when i wipe my Backside, always carry a roll and a small spade in my kit Regards Ray

I have had several makes, Aladdin are by far the best.:)

I did have a very good Aladdin, kept my Tea lovely and hot, then I managed to reverse my 4x4 into a ditch, used the flask as a wedge on one of the wheels.

Alas the flask did not survive the experience.:(

So for keeping Tea hot and use as a wheel wedge it is Aladdin all the way.

Of course had I come on here and asked:- “Which is the best 4 x 4?”
I might not have needed to knause up my best Aladdin flask!:mad:

So you see it is always worth asking;)

Little tip : when making up your favourite brew for your flask, heat up the milk before adding. Your flask will stay hot for even longer !

Spoon? What do you mean spoon? No-one has mentioned a spoon before....plastic, wooden, stainless steel, silver? Do they come in camo??? How big? Are we talking tea spoon or ladle or somewhere in between??? Also if there is a tea spoon why isnt there a coffee spoon??

Is there a three flask "pod" on the market to keep the flask handles straight?

This is getting really complicated and expensive. Who started this thread? I am very close to leaving the forum and going to Gudgeon Fishing World.....

You wouldn't go carp fishing with just three rods would you? You would also have three matching reels, three bite alarms and so on. I don't know what gudgeon fishers use, Tupperware probably, but surely you can't expect to use flasks without spoons? Carbon spoons are far and away the best in my opinion. Old school like Andy Kacz will argue that silver is the only type woth having, but we can't all remain rooted to the past.

I have had several makes, Aladdin are by far the best.:)

I did have a very good Aladdin, kept my Tea lovely and hot, then I managed to reverse my 4x4 into a ditch, used the flask as a wedge on one of the wheels.

Alas the flask did not survive the experience.:(

So for keeping Tea hot and use as a wheel wedge it is Aladdin all the way.

Of course had I come on here and asked:- “Which is the best 4 x 4?â€
I might not have needed to knause up my best Aladdin flask!:mad:

So you see it is always worth asking;)

But.....but.....I thought you just said they were the best :confused: All I can think is that your flask was a male one, and therefore incapable of multi tasking.

As for the best 4 x 4's....stick with Jewsons Keith, their ready planed versions in 3m lengths are absolutely spot on.

:p

Cheers, Dave

I have to say, i think Andy does have a bit of a negative attitude, we are all on here to learn, maybe he is one who knows it all, therefore we are all below him.

As with many things it's all down to personal preference, as i now more than often do a night, i take a stove with me, but should it only be days (and long days at that) i would like to know whhich ones keep my drink the hottest through out the day, all manufacturers claim that their product manages it for so long, but i would much rather trust a fellow angler who has used the flask in anger (on the bank, opening and closing the lid), this is the same with any item.

With regards to which spoon, guys you have it all wrong, you need one of these:

Titanium Spork Demo - YouTube

flask

where does one leave it for best optimum temperatute retention ,in your bag on the grass ,under your chair etc ,all these must have a bearing:eek:

Back