• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flask?

On a serious note, not sure who mentioned Andrex "On the go" toilet paper, but I knew nothing of this, had a look at Asda and made a purchase!

Dead handy, I now have one in each of my tackle boxes/bags!

The point is, had I not taken an interest in a silly thread about flasks, I would never have included a handy extra item to my tackle that helps make life a bit easier.

No matter how much you know, you can always learn something!:)

where does one leave it for best optimum temperatute retention ,in your bag on the grass ,under your chair etc ,all these must have a bearing:eek:

I find that keeping it in the warmest place available at the time is the best bet, and while I am fishing, that undoubtedly means stuffing it down the front of my trousers.

The down side of this is that you end up with a swim full of women...who on discovering the truth promptly drink all your coffee and then naff off.

How shallow is that :(

:D

Cheers, Dave.

best thing to wipe your arse on is an OTTER!:D

Mark, the only problem is catching the little sh**s, a better option is to discard the boxer shorts, catch a sheep which are much slower, and ride it bareback. You end up with an a**e as clean as a whistle.

Oh, by the way, ive been taking a flask to work ( nights ) for over 20 years, the best VALUE flask ive used is ASDA,s own brand, the one with the screw in top rather than the one with the push button and pour type, ( which keep breaking ). I,m still using one that i bought about 5 years ago. I fill it with boiling water about 6.00p.m. and i can still have a hotish coffee at 4.00 in the morning, ( 10 hours ) does me fine. :) I get the packs of coffee cups from a local market ( widnes or tuebrook ) 25 cups for £2. Ideal for work or fishing. There like the type you get out of vending machines.

Last edited:
Derek!
DRSpokane11[1].jpg

Dereks sheep

Mark, the only problem is catching the little sh**s, a better option is to discard the boxer shorts, catch a sheep which are much slower, and ride it bareback. You end up with an a**e as clean as a whistle.

Yes Derek but you forgot to mention to always look out for a tasty little Merino ( which has very soft wool ) otherwise you'll get a nasty case of sheep rash:eek:

Another worthwhile tip ( while we are on the subject ) you can always spin the buggers round ( while they are still traumatised ) ram them between your legs and get them to lick off any stubborn 'KLINGONS'. This works everytime.
My apologises to Andy if this subject has been discussed before;)

Tight sheep,
G.T.

Back