• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flask?

Andy, it's a forum mate, the idea of a forum is to share info and help eachother out if we just spoke about the "barbel" then this site wouldnt be half as good as it is now we don't all have loads of money to buy everything until we find out what's the best/correct item be it a flask rod reel line hooks etc so a little advise is nice if you don't like it don't reply simple!!!!
Kind regards

Nice one chaps, been thinking of a new flask but didnt have much of a clue which one to get..:)

Andy, theres plenty of threads on here about whats the best barbel rod, but none about flasks, which at this time of year is as essential as having the "best Barbel Rod"..When youve been a member on here for some time you will realise that questions are often repeated by new members of the forum, such as whats the best barbel rod..:D:D:D

Craig, Ive been a member on here for ages even when the original BFW was going... just that I dont post that often...

And yes I bet the goodly Steve Sorrell is thrilled to bits that his 'what is the best flask' thread is getting this much attention.

........ AND

very true Clive ... Kelly kettle all the way... you know me.

Now how about a best Kelly Kettle thread !!

but this rapidily boiling into the best flask mega thread !!:D

andy

Last edited:
Haven't laughed as much on a thread for ages, thanks all. Based on a recommendation on this forum a few years ago I bought a ray mears flask which is very good, def keeps it warm for for 10-12 hours. Just had a quick look on his site and the latest one is a thermal as already recommended, but more expensive.

Andy has a point though. I mean, let's face it. How many of us have actually tested flasks / rods / reels / bivvies / etc. side by side in such a way as to form a proper opinion? As soon as somone asks what is the best..........? We get a million pages that can be boiled (pun not intended) down to people recommending what they've bought because they've bought it, or people who are regurgitating what they've read elsewhere with no personal experience of the item.

It does get quite wearing.

Strangley, when someone asks how to.............? the replies are a fraction of the what is best? threads.

Anyway, my recommendation is that you either repair the flask by sticking a cork in it (one from a homebrew or craft shop will do) or buy a Kelly Kettle.

Stanley stays hot all day long or night.

best thing to wipe your arse on is an OTTER!:D

Considering this is a thread about how to keep your drinks otter, that is rather apt :D

I might also add that had I seen your advice some months ago, it may well have saved me a very painful operation I had to remove my piles :D

Cheers, Dave.

Haven't laughed as much on a thread for ages, thanks all. Based on a recommendation on this forum a few years ago I bought a ray mears flask which is very good, def keeps it warm for for 10-12 hours. Just had a quick look on his site and the latest one is a thermal as already recommended, but more expensive.

I heard that you can sleep in it or use it for a canoe when you have finished your tea!!!:eek::eek:

Craig, Ive been a member on here for ages even when the original BFW was going... just that I dont post that often...

And yes I bet the goodly Steve Sorrell is thrilled to bits that his 'what is the best flask' thread is getting this much attention.

........ AND

very true Clive ... Kelly kettle all the way... you know me.

Now how about a best Kelly Kettle thread !!

but this rapidily boiling into the best flask mega thread !!:D

andy

Goodly? Godly more like.
Glad most of you liked this thread :p

............... As soon as somone asks what is the best..........? We get a million pages that can be boiled (pun not intended) down to people recommending what they've bought because they've bought it,

Well said

We've all got to watch the pennies but usually (although not always) - Buying cheap means buying twice ;) (Upgrading I think we anglers like to call it :D otherwise known as I bought the wrong thing in the first place)

Last edited:
Don't buy Tesco own brand stainless steel flasks. I've had to go back to an old and too small Aladdin adventurer because the Tesco one I bought barely keeps a drink warm for more than an hour or so.

I had a new flask for Xmas - a Thermos Thermax in 0.47L. Excellent flask! Really does keep the coffee scalding hot for at least 4 hours which is enough for me. This was a replacement flask for me too and i asked the same question on another forum.

Don't understand the negativity regarding Steve's question....it is in the bloomin' thread title! What an idiot.

I had a new flask for Xmas - a Thermos Thermax in 0.47L. Excellent flask! Really does keep the coffee scalding hot for at least 4 hours which is enough for me. This was a replacement flask for me too and i asked the same question on another forum.

Don't understand the negativity regarding Steve's question....it is in the bloomin' thread title! What an idiot.

That pretty well hits the nail on the head....or the flask on the lid, if you prefer :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back