• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fined

Well he should no better no one is above the law.
I agree he's tackle that was confiscated should be sold or bid for and the money raised go to the angling foundation.
Mazo

Well he should no better no one is above the law.
I agree he's tackle that was confiscated should be sold or bid for and the money raised go to the angling foundation.
Mazo

We could all argue until we're blue in the face with regards to the close season but i'm sure we can all agree on that - either give the money raised to charity or put it back into fisheries. Destroying the confiscated tackle is a complete waste and an utterly stupid thing for an organisation that lacks funds to do.

Now, if you don't mind I have some homework to mark.

Press 'START' - 'SHUT DOWN'

I go to allot of police auctions where among the unclaimed recovered stolen items there are also plenty of snatched items which have been purchased with the proceeds of crime, surely the EA should be able to do the same.

I can't remember who it was who said there are two groups in this argument but without wanting to be provocative I do occasionally like to use a bit of cane and a pin, I do own a cardie and I don't listen to AC&DC. I also own allot of carbon and baitrunners and Gortex so can you tell me where I fit?

Last edited:

I go to allot of police auctions where among the unclaimed recovered stolen items there are also plenty of snatched items which have been purchased with the proceeds of crime, surely the EA should be able to do the same.

I can't remember who it was who said there are two groups in this argument but without wanting to be provocative I do occasionally like to use a bit of cane and a pin, I do own a cardie and I don't listen to AC&DC. I also own allot of carbon and baitrunners and Gortex so can you tell me where I fit?

I have a cane rod in the back of my garage somewhere, and I own a pin...and intend to give it another try soon. I own several cardies, I don't listen to AC/DC (though I have done) and I own lots of carbon, baitrunners and Goretex.

However, were I to suggest that this must mean we are similar people Ade, you would undoubtedly have an apoplectic fit :D

I will refrain from asking where that means I fit, as having upset a couple of your friends recently, you may respond in a rather unkind manner :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

It was me Adrian. It was an observation based on the arguing positions taken by those that posted their views on the close season debate. Each side painting a particular, and perhaps extreme, picture of the other. But in reality, I suspect that the majority of us will actually have a foot, possibly more, in both groups. We are, in reality, not terribly different I imagine and there must be a fair amount of shared sentiment and behavioural DNA given our fondness for fishing.

I love the sport and as such love it's history and traditions. I also love a great many of the developments that have occurred over the years- the things that make aspects of fishing easier or more comfortable.

I think Neil and Dave made the point in recent posts on this thread- when it matters and particularly where there is a genuine threat to our sport, then I have no doubt we would all pull together because of that core connectivity. In the meantime, we will no doubt debate and argue on a variety of subjects. Sometimes with passion and sometimes playfully, and I think that's all perfectly healthy and nourishing for the soul.

Howard

Depends Ade, do you listen to Judas Priest? :D

I have deliberately used the expression “slow of thought†in this post so that I can get the usual indignant responses from the usual people; and by doing so they immediately find themselves wearing a cap that fits them oh so well.

Howard, David, Neil, Graham and not forgettinn Tony.............so many heads wearing their caps with pride...................appologies to anyone I've missed.

Howard, David, Neil, Graham and not forgettinn Tony.............so many heads wearing their caps with pride...................appologies to anyone I've missed.

Richard, I know it will be tough for you, but you could ask Neil for help with your spelling. When that's sorted we can then discuss this whole "slow of thought" business. Cheers.

I don't follow the beautiful game (I had to google Brian Clough and other than something to do with football I'm still not sure what he did) so you'll have to explain that for me.

Back