• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Elips pellet - preferred stockists

"In my experience bait choice comes a distant third after location and presentation."

Have to agree with Richard Parsons on this. There's no replacing the graft, reading the conditions and that little bit of luck.

Good Morning Dave,

Many thanks for your enquiry. We will 100% be stocking the Elips Pellets for the 2014 season.

Kind Regards

Sam

Hinders Fishing Superstore

Where is this information that hinders are stopping elips coming from,i've contacted hinders & was told there's no truth in whatsoever.

Morning Steve

At the risk of getting boring I suggest you read my earlier post (no.49) back in May when all was explained in detail.

I was waiting until later on in the New Year to check with my contact at Hinders to see how the Summer trialling(?) of their own, in-house production of the pellets( that they hope will replace the original Elips range by EWOS) has been going.

If there is any more news I will post details once I find out.

As I have repeatedly stated over the years, I never EVER venture out on ANY barbel venue without an adequate supply of Elips (of every size) plus a bait box filled with Elips oil/Hemp Oil-soaked PVA mesh bags, which will be constantly used on one of my two rods at all times.

And, despite the ever-present number of vociferous gainsayers, I can happily claim that these dependable baits have ALWAYS accounted for the largest percentage (around 75%) of barbel EVERY season, since I was shown how to use them some twelve years ago on a guiding day with one of my angling heroes, Trefor West. Of the 100 barbel caught this season to date (incl 9 doubles)I would estimate some 70 have come on Elips.

I should also point out that during the time I ran a tackle shop between 2003 and 2010, I converted quite a number of non-river anglers in-and-around Hinckley (mainly noted for its match/pleasure venues) to the delights of barbelling, simply by passing on the benefits of adequate tackle, awareness of productive, reasonably accessible, local barbel river venues and, most importantly, the ease and effectiveness of the Elips pellet method.

I, for one, would have serious concerns about the potential loss of such a confidence-boosting bait (and I really don't need to be apprised of other wonder baits....I 've tried so many others on my ever-present second rod which, to be fair, have had fair-to- moderate results, but.....!)

Anyway, I can can now get off my( Elips) soapbox and start making up my next batch of PVA bags ready for tomorrow's outing.

Roger Cramer
(No relation to Hinders!)

I bought some direct from Hinders before I went down to the Wye two weeks ago. Been using them for 12 years or more.. Price seems as good as anywhere and kept in sealed bags they last for years.

Bait Tech barbel busters have disappeared also shame able to by with out having to send off to hinders

It is a shame that the barbel busters are no longer available, most consistent and instant bait I ever used.
Does anyone know why they stopped producing them?

It is a shame that the barbel busters are no longer available, most consistent and instant bait I ever used.
Does anyone know why they stopped producing them?

Don't know Leon...I assume it's for the same reason that ALL bait suppliers eventually stop producing the top bait in their range. I don't know what that reason is, nor the logic behind it...but it is a fact.

Cheers, Dave.

Back