• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

Worth a look at,someone is selling 2 Harrison barbel rods on ebay the madness is one is described as 'rishing rod' the other a chimera mk2 is described as 'fishing rod'.I am unable to bid on sunday when the auction ends,so good luck if it benefits anyone reading this.sorry unable to add link.

Lovely rods even had a pair....

Carbotec FAST Play 12ft Feeder Rod | eBay

but vastly overpriced

Knowing what went into the design and manufacture of these rods I would say the original price was actually good value and I believe the fact that the rods sell for more than the original price reflects that. They were the first and probably the last rods that made with a step taper. Each blank aligned individually before construction in the UK using the best materials available. For instance the cork was finest Portuguese and cost more than most complete rods on the market today. Rings on the quiver tips were over £4 each at trade prices. The carbon was and still is the best and now only seen on the Airbus 380 and formula 1 racing cars. You got what you paid for.

I got an " O " level in metalwork at school, if only i,d of started making centrepins, i may have been a rich man by now. :)

My school fishing bud had a one in woodwork and would of made a damn good carpenter, he could of made some cracking cane rods but gave it up and became a cab driver.
(nothing wrong with driving cabs mind)

My school fishing bud had a one in woodwork and would of made a damn good carpenter, he could of made some cracking cane rods but gave it up and became a cab driver.
(nothing wrong with driving cabs mind)

:D David, ive been driving a hackney cab for 26 years. :D

I love Chris' reels but even he admits it's a lot of money unless you are going to use it a lot.

A lot of money, but still excellent value for money IMO.
How many other items of tackle go up in value?

Derek, none of the reel makers that I know have become rich making reels!

I once looked into manufacturing a centrepin.
Making them in low numbers simply wasn't financially viable.

I see Chris lythe has put his prices up. 625 quid is alot, I understand the hours that go into them but I'll stick to my okuma Sheffields for now.

Back