• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Crazy River - last knockings

A "score" to you, Robert. Message me if you want one. I'll even sign it and the envelope with my moniker and, of course, with the now obligatory "Otters Rock!"

DVD arrived this morning...;). Unfortunatly I will have to book time to watch it as wife got Corri & Emerdale to watch...:(. Thanks anyway Paul.

Bob.

"Casting for Gold" DVD inquiry

Brand new member here - sorry to just jump in, but I, too, have been hunting for copies of "Crazy River" online for several months now. I am posting this here (moderators of course feel free to move it wherever most appropo!), as I don't think I have PM authorization on this forum yet.

As I have read in other posts in this particular thread, and experienced firsthand in my own online searching, this book is a very hot commodity right now, selling for far out of my price range ($300-$700 +S&H). However, my luck may have changed this week after finding this forum, and Mr. Boote's post, in the first ten entries on Bing (entry #7 exactly) after querying the title (evidence that lots of folks are doing the same?).

Kudos to Mr. Boote for honestly trying to earn a little back for his own hard work! It must be rather frustrating to watch folks scalp that book online for such "monster" ;) profits. Unfortunately, at this time I cannot afford to pay the current price/generous offer by Mr. Boote for this increasingly rare, and apparently much sought-after book (not available in any local library either - closest is NYC or GB ~ 1500-4800 mile commute:eek:), but I think I can swing it for the DVD a la carte, if possible. I have one important question about the DVD though - is it available in NTSC format?

Sorry for the lengthy butt-in post, and thanks for making this available Mr. Boote!! :)

Sincerely

Heidi in Minnesota

America = NTSC or Region 1

Britain/Europe = PAL or Region 2

Heidi, hopefully, like most other fishing DVD,s sold in this country, they are " Region Free " meaning they will work in ANY DVD player the world over. :)

The Chairman on Tuesday

As I said to young Paul months ago, "Just hike the book to such a ridiculous price that even a coked-up hedgie fled to Switzerland would blanch, then I'll buy them from you.".

As ever,

B.B.

The Chairman on Tuesday

As I said to young Paul months ago, "Just hike the book to such a ridiculous price that even a coked-up hedgie fled to Switzerland would blanch, then I'll buy them from you.".

As ever,

B.B.

Wow - not quite sure what to think of this, and I do aplogize if my request surprised/offended? you in any way, and also if the above post is meant for someone else, but I'm not a "coked-up" anything ~ just honestly hoped I could buy a copy of the book or DVD like anyone else looking for one - not a scalper, scammer, bootlegger or anything remotely close - just an ordinary "Jolene" who also likes fish/fishing stories. Good luck with the book/DVD and Sorry to be a bother.

You are not a bother to me, Heidi - as you discovered when I sent you a polite, friendly message a little earlier.

Sure ... whatever - again, sorry to have intruded. Sayonara

Hmm. Then I really don't know what I was doing wasting my time in front of an old Amstrad for a non-stop sixteen months, nor remember inviting someone I considered a good friend and a trusty not only to take on the Congo with me but also to contribute a few chapters to a book I was well into. My mind and normally highly acute memory must be going...

ouch! that must have been a stinging pm....

Judge for yourself:

"Interesting message of yours, Heidi. Looks as if it's time for another Crazy River price hike. As for the DVD, I haven't a clue - all I know is that it will play on a Windows system PC and on a European / British DVD player. Probably best not to buy a copy, as some disaster will doubtless befall the trans-Atlantic to-ings and fro-ings!

Many thanks for getting in touch, anyway.

Best,

Paul Boote"

PS - Anyone want to make a bid for a well-used, 1980s vintage, Amstrad 8256 (monitor, printer and keyboard), the Amstrad discs containing the Crazy River manuscript and my typed notes planning and mapping out chapters, content, scenes etc, also a print-out of the manuscript and many work-in-progress first, second and third drafts etc through to final version, plus umpteen pages of handwritten notes that I made (plus the odd entire chapter written longhand, probably) before I hit the keyboard...?

No?

Probably best go to the council tip, then.

Back