• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

chub

What an incredible fish Julian, that has got to be up there with one of the biggest chub caught not from a stillwater? Even better that it looks in mint condition and was deliberately targeted - it really doesn't get much better than that. The angling gods have smiled on me twice to give me 2 'sevens' which made me nearly go to pieces, god knows what you must have thought when you saw those big rubber lips being drawn into the net!

I went out for a chub session myself yesterday and took along a friend who has shown an interest in angling but never been before. Armed with a big tub of lobs and his one day licence I took him to a stretch which should produce a bite or 2 and hopefully give him a chub or 2 in the 3/4lb bracket - this stuff tends to write itself and he helped himself to a stunning 6.8lb chub - his first ever fish, followed by a 4lber and then pulled out of a possible 5. Fair play to him he played the fish very well and I think the angling community has another convert!

Managed to up my PB to 5.09 yesterday from the Severn, nice to get it by design instead of as an 'accident' while after barbel! :D
509040311.jpg

Well done Steve. In daylight too. :cool:

Simon, to be fair I've found the river Severn's chub to be very diurnal in their feeding habits, in fact fishing from dusk onwards just leads to a greater risk of activity from nuisance fish like barbel.:rolleyes:

Nice fish Steve.:)

Thats a real cracker Del well done awesome beastie!

What a beast, congrats. Great picture too, awesome fish.

I can't stop pulling out of the things at the moment, until recently hook pulls were very rare but I've had 4 in a row now and I'm starting to have niggling doubts over my hook patterns now. Lost 2 today on the float on the Colne, one in particular felt a real lump, and last week I dropped one which felt something special...at least there are some people doing it right!

Some cracking chub guys, only a few couple of days left now, go get em!

Talk about nuisance Chub, here is one i caught last night at 9lb 1oz from the TT, not a nuisance at all but a lifetimes best.

Attachments

• DSCF1152R.jpg
    DSCF1152R.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 391
  • DSCF1155R.jpg
    DSCF1155R.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Bloomin heck I caught a pb 6lb 5oz last night and it was massive. I cannot comprehend how big that is many congratulations Jon a cracking season for you.
14032011006.jpg

Last edited:
Two eights and a nine? :eek: Wowzers! Congrats to everybody. After those fish mine look miniscule in comparison, but I had quite a good result on the Thames recently.....

IMG_0212.jpg

6.14, braced with

IMG_0213.jpg

And the next morning this brace at 5.3 and 5.14

IMG_0222.jpg

Talk about nuisance Chub, here is one i caught last night at 9lb 1oz from the TT, not a nuisance at all but a lifetimes best.

Good Lord. Congratulations, I can't imagine a chub that big. Pity about the pics though

Jesus, nine pounds, how much bigger can they go?

I have had a Chub dominated season, no Barbel just Chub!

I managed to up my pb with this one below at 7lb6oz but completely failed in catching anything for the last couple of days of the season! I was far too busy photographing Nick’s fish anyway!

Bit of a grainy pic, I had to use my phone as the Camera battery died!

080320111212-1-1.jpg

Well done all, some cracking fish, best looking chub IMO is definitely Tom's but 9-01 WOW Jon that really is something a bit special.:)

Tidal Trent for the big uns next March then... ;)

Back