• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

chub

Richard Borley

a 7-6-0 chub from the river lea caught this evening , a definite '8' this winter as long as the crayfish dont get it first :eek:

SDC10548.jpg

That my son is mahoosive:eek:

in the words of wilson ,, thats a clonker !

why would it be at risk from cray fish though ?

stuart , my apologies , that was rather tongue in cheek .

there are so many crayfish in the Lea this year that are eating everything

making it is very difficult to fish properly with any bait.

the upside of this is that the chub , perch and probably barbel are getting

very fat on a crayfish diet .

richard

Had my first '6' of the season last night along with another 4lber, so off to a good start :)

Hopefully get out for a couple more tomorrow evening.

602.jpg

Stu, you're doing a lot better than me from the Thames, my river pb ain't even creditable, nigh on a pound shy of yours at 5-08.
A real bogey river for me, well except for mud pigs.

I've had my chub rods out a couple of times on the Windrush, a few chub but nothing of any size.

Lovely fish Stu. I can't seem to get above 5lb with Chub, which is frustrating to say the least as I know there are much bigger fish in the areas/swims I target.... Any tips for getting through to the bigger fish from you Chub experts (Colin)?

Several Chub over 7lb have come out of throop the last week or so..The biggest being 7lb 12oz..;)..I would imagine an 8lb er will show fairly soon, ive seen some crackers the last few weeks but they are hard to catch..Float fishing seems to be the way rather than static tactics.;)

Hi Nick,

Not sure what sort of times you're fishing at the moment, but I always seem to catch my better chub after dark. Obviously not all fish are big, but I would certainly say the average size increases.

However, if you really want a big fish, it sounds like Throop is the place to be!! Would love a '7' from around Oxford instead though.

Stu

Back