• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cheese paste recipe

Anyone used this?
IMG_20200910_221400.jpg

Not that particular brand but always in cheese paste. Makes a useful general additive in boilies and meat.
Cheers
Bob
Going to make my first cheese paste today and use it 'to devastating effect' 😁 on Sunday and Monday, so I'll let you know how I get on.
👍

I mostly use liquidised bread in my cheese paste mixes, in my experience it gives you a bit more control over the eventual pliability. I always judge this once it’s been in the fridge for a while - that’s how it’s going to behave when it’s been in 5c water, the conditions when I use it for Chub. If I was looking to use it now, it’s be looking how it behaved at a cool room temp, with the Hants Avon apparently almost 16c this morning. If you’re hair rigging round a cork ball, which can be a good tactic, consistency isn’t as much of an issue. But I’d imagine the softer the paste, the quicker the flavour leakage.

Back