• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bull Huss

Andy,

After last months escapade on the bristol channel spending all day in the cabin being ill, I wont be requiring a boat anytime soon. :eek:

Should be able to get a friday to monday off.

cheers

Paul

1st Huss and new PB

Finally got to fish a decent mark on the Lleyn Peninsula, had the attached on an 80lb pulley pennel, size 7 varivas big mouth extras and 30lb main line. Cracking take and fight, lost a bigger one close in as well. Will definitely being doing it again sometime soon.

atb

Paul

IMG_5131_zps30e51607.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lovely fish Paul. Not been to the coast for a couple of years and that pic brings back very fond memories. Would love to get back out there but not likely any time soon with our 2nd child due any time now. Maybe next year. :)

Andy,

Thanks mate, always something getting in the way of fishing. My barbel fishing took a real nose dive when my 2nd one came along. It gets easier though.

atb Paul

Paul, where you surprised how strong the huss are? Its almost impossible to straighten them out for a pic, real brutes!!
Nice catch btw

Chris, I had seen a few vids on you tube so I was expecting them to be a bit tricksy. Couldn't get a straight pic of this one, it would not keep still or smile for the camera, tough as old boots. Loved every minute though, quality fish :)

atb

Paul

Back