• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boilies for Tench

I think you also have to consider the venue itself chaps. Waters that see alot of boilies, then clearly they are used to picking them up and will do so readily.
The venue I'm on currently, a 60 acre gravel pit sees very little in the way of any bait, so it's 'naturals' all the way, red maggots.
When there is a proliferation of silvers I just step up the feed and use plastic grubs.
A couple from yesterday...

BestBrayTenchSesi005.jpg

BestBrayTenchSesi014.jpg

Plus five others from 7 down to 4.
That'a about a seasons catch on that venue, in one session..:rolleyes:

I got lucky for once.

Ian

Agree with Ian, the simple baits like corn and maggot have been working well for me over the last few weeks. Not managed fish quite as big as his but some good bags with lots of 6's and some 7's.
704310512.jpg

A tottAlly devastating tench bait is the hydra mussels from pallatrax
Rehydrate them I'n mussel liquid or any liquid of ur choice and u have a serious natural hookbait! Water Mussels

Sorry lads not been on for a few days, I use them for carp as I don't do any tench fishing but my freind who is an avid tencher has been smashing them on the mussels,
I am planning on giving them a go for the barbel and chub as Martin James has been doing well on them

Back