• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boilies for Tench

Either. Ones that have worked for me are- Maplecreme,Banana,Pineapple,lobster,crayfish,Ultraspice,Sweet Peanut,scopex, all worked well but not as well as Maggots !!
The most succesfull boilie i used for what its worth was a Milk HNV with a very low dose of Crayfish flavour backed up with a couple of ounces of mixed White fish and Sardine meal, they liked that :)

Maggots is my prefered approach but too many silver fish ... so will be forced down the plastic and boilie route ....

Could always pray for a large flock of cormorants I surpose :D

Tutti Fruiti

Give black eyed peas a go, cooked then soaked in a sweet flavour, banana or pineapple have both worked for me.

sweet - but what colour?!

I've done well early in the year with bright baits recently, white ( amber strawberry ) or yellow ( pineapple ), but find results tail off quite quickly and a switch to red, brown or black is needed to keep the bobbins on the move. Wouldn't go tenching without a few Richworth Esterberry boilies in my bag!

Whichever boilie you are fishing for carp with :D

Mind you, you have to be fishing for carp for it to work, because the second you start using them to fish for tench, they won't touch them :p

Cheers, Dave

3-4 red maggots straight on to a owner size 10-12 hook, helicopter rig style and a black cap kamasan feeder does the biz or for boilies use 1 x 10mm esterberry or strawbery, frozen ones are a little soft so go for the shelf life. Also if you are not getting a bite keep moving round the lake till you find them.

Saying all this I caught my 10lb 2oz on two grains of scopex sweetcorn !!

Best K

Back